Cannot pair with Android 6.0 - Page 6 — TomTom Community

Cannot pair with Android 6.0

Comments

• mjdartmjdart Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Supposedly with the new update. But I and many others still don't have it.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks again for all your feedback regarding this issue!

As has been mentioned, the new software for both generations of watches to address this issue is being rolled out in phases. Unfortunately, some technical problems caused a delay in this roll out but we're now at 50 % of the user base with both releases and the rest should be finished in the coming days. Please, also make sure you've already installed the latest v2.2.8 of MySports Connect released yesterday.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Please, also make sure you've already installed the latest v2.2.8 of MySports Connect released yesterday.

Installed, and ready for the update :)
    I've got the update and it's worked for me. I was able to sync on my first attempt. Thank you for the fix.

Watch software version - 1.3.27
    Phone model - Nexus 6P
    Android version - 6.01
    MySports app version - 2.0.12.58b77fO
  • InspectorFowlerInspectorFowler Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I'll add my success here - watch finally downloaded the 1.3.27 update and it was immediately able to pair with my Nexus 6P, which showed the proper bluetooth PIN entry screen.

Thanks for getting this done, and I hope others have the same success.
  • darkespdarkesp Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    After updating my Multisport to 1.8.52 without success, factory resetting back to 1.8.46, working with TomTom Customer Support (who had no clue), having MySports Connect and the MySports app update over the past few days, then finally getting the watch to update again, it's able to pair. The nightmare is over.

Mikko, not sure if this is the technical problem you alluded to, but it would appear that for at least some users, the most recent updates to MySports Connect and the app are prerequisites before the updated watch firmware will work. Since update availability is automated, this isn't clear if the watch updates first, as happened in my case.

I've mentioned this before, but a status page and/or FAQ entry on the Bluetooth issue would be very helpful to keep people from getting frustrated. It's not just the broken feature, but a lack of clarity on what's happening that leads to angry customers.
  • JPSneldersJPSnelders Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    finaly it works after the last update today, it took a bit.........
  • BrunosupBrunosup Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just got an LG G5 which runs Marshmallow and I cannot pair my TomTom Runner with it, it doesn't shows the screen to enter the PIN... I came from Samsung Galaxy S4 (android Lollipop) and even with problems while sync I could connect watch/mobile...

Watch software version - 1.8.46
    Phone model - LG G5
    Android version - 6.01
    MySports app version - 2.1.10.-193e71e
  • DanimatosDanimatos Posts: 59 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    After months waiting, now I can pair my watch with my phone.
  • KiwiMaceKiwiMace Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. Just got my watch today and it has been nothing short of a fiasco setting up - thank goodness the users are posting good fixes (who would have thought that a factory reset would get the connectivity to the cadence bluetooth thing working!). Have been able to pair the watch however once I go away from the phone and try to connect again . . . no joy. Grrrrr.

Talk about wrecking the customer experience. Should have got a Garmin. Hope there's a fix that doesn't require yet another factory reset.

Watch: Muti-Sport Cardio with Cadence and Speed Sensor
    Watch FW: 1.8.52
    Phone model: Samsung S6
    Android version: 5.1.1
    App version: 2.1.10-192e71e
  • lunaoceangirllunaoceangirl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I cant connect the watch to my phone- I tried for several hours and am getting really sad, because I was looking forward to a run with my new watch. I got the app, and my bluetooth also sees my watch under the chosen name, but the app won't find my watch.
    Here are the details:
    Software version watch- 2.2.8
    Phone model- Motorola X Play
    Android version- 6.0
    MySports-App version- 2.1.10

The watch really is useless to me so far, I hope you guys can help me!
    Cheers
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    I cant connect the watch to my phone- I tried for several hours and am getting really sad, because I was looking forward to a run with my new watch. I got the app, and my bluetooth also sees my watch under the chosen name, but the app won't find my watch.
    Here are the details:
    Software version watch- 2.2.8
    Phone model- Motorola X Play
    Android version- 6.0
    MySports-App version- 2.1.10

The watch really is useless to me so far, I hope you guys can help me!
    Cheers

The watch is not useless, you can use the watch without syncing to the phone. The phone is just used to upload after a workout which can just as easily be done using a PC. Are you on the latest firmware on the watch (1.8.52 - press down and go to about to check it). Without it you will not be likely to connect to Android 6.0. With the update most users have been able to connect.
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    @kiwimace, the app works much better on the S6 if you update your phone to android 6.
  • jeroenostjeroenost Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Found a solution for the LG G4
    Go to bluetooth settings of the device and set it to visible for anyone (third option in the '...' menu in the top right)
    Set watch to pair new phone
    Then in mysport app, click the bluetooth icon
    this time it should find the watch and display pin.
  • angrycostumerangrycostumer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's was the first and the last time that I bought a Tomtom product. How we can read at the previous posts, everybody is experiencing problems for pairing the watch with Android app. And what Tomtom made for help them? Nothing! I've contacted the Tomtom costumer help a thousand times and they never solved my problem... well, never solved of anyone problem.
  • Neil222Neil222 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    how do I update the watch firmware? It is currently using 1.8.46......thank you :-)

EDIT - Nevermind.....I've updated it and It's still not working!!
  • maciver04maciver04 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can't connect multisports watch to new phone. I can see it in bluetooth settings but when I try through the mysports app it says, "accept pairing - please accept the notification to pair in your notification drawer to complete setup", but I never get that and I don't see the watch under select your watch.

Software version watch- 1.8.52
    Phone model- Motorola Moto G 2015
    Android version- 6.0
    MySports-App version- 2.1.13
  • WicherWicher Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Same problem here, with oneplus 2 and android 6.0.1
    But the TomTom advise did eventually work: Delete the app. On the phone, remove the watch from the bluetooth list of devices. Then restart the phone. Use the cable to connect the watch to the PC. Do all the updates of the watch and let it restart. Then install the app and follow instructions. Somehow the first time the notification drawer did not show up, but after some time it did. Now i can connect the watch to the phone again.
  • dridrigpdridrigp Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    kubilus1 wrote:
    After about 30 tries, I finally got a pairing. The last time I turned off wifi and location, leaving just bluetooth on. Not sure if that made a difference or not. Regardless, there seems to be something really funky with the TomTom pairing on Android 6.
    Thank you very much! Doing as you told, it worked right in the first try. :) But it's weird. Wifi and location should have nothing to do with it...
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hello.

I can pair my watch with my OnePlus One running Android M but I have huge connection losses. After some time, I have to touch some buttons on the watch so that it syncs again with the phone.

Is this normal?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    Hello.

I can pair my watch with my OnePlus One running Android M but I have huge connection losses. After some time, I have to touch some buttons on the watch so that it syncs again with the phone.

Is this normal?

The watch is not always looking for the phone. You need to have the app open on the phone (it will not sync in the background) and wake the watch up. I personally open the app, go into the watch and turn phone sync on (I keep it off by default), then click left from the watch to wake up the watch. It syncs immediately every time. The key is the app has to be open and active on the phone and the watch needs to be activated (pressing left into the tracker stats does the trick too).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • hillstarthillstart Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This worked for me after a few hours of trying other stuff. Thanks.

I just paired through bluetooth and then I kept my sync off until you wanted to sync and the app was open on my phone.. Then switched my sync on and waited for it to upload - it still give the annoying 99% complete progress bar and I had to wait for a while but it transferred the data and updated quickgps.
  • Jaime ZamoraJaime Zamora Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    is not working for me also

Software version watch- 1.8.52
    Phone model- Motorola Moto X 2014
    Android version- 6.0
    MySports-App version- 2.1.13
  • BeetsBeets Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem. Samsung J1 Ace. Androld version 5.1.1
  • vehaveha Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same problem xiaomi mi redmi note 4