Cannot pair with Android 6.0 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Cannot pair with Android 6.0

Comments

• DanimatosDanimatos Posts: 59 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Try these steps posted by another user on a different thread:

Hope this helps.
    No, it didn't help.
    That's what I've been doing the whole time.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks all for your feedback regarding this issue!

Changes in the Android 6.0 Bluetooth implementation has broken the pairing compatibility of the Runner (Cardio), Multi-Sport (Cardio) and Golfer watches. We're looking into a fix for this, however we don't have a date yet.

To transfer the data to your MySports account you can connect your watch to your PC as usual.

If at all possible, we recommend you to keep your phone on Android 5 meanwhile if you wish to keep the phone/watch connection.

We're very sorry about the inconvenience this causes. I'll post back here as soon as I have further news.

Cheers, Mikko

Edit: Added a link to my colleague's post regarding this and changed the wording slightly.
    Well, I think it's easier to sell my watch to some Windows Phone or Apple user and buy a Garmin.
    If it took 4 months to TomTom be aware of this, I guess it will take another 4 or more to fiz that, until there, Google may have updated Android and another bug will come.
  • jwatkinjwatkin Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I guess I'm another one for the pile. This worked fine about a month ago but now will not connect to my phone despite doing resets of all devices. Here's my info:

Watch software version: 1.8.46
    Phone model: HTC One M8
    Android version: 6.0
    MySports app version: 2.0.12-58b77f0
  • kbfdkbfd Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi same issue since I install android 6, no pin request, impossible to pair
    phone : LG G4
    mysport 2.0.12-58b77f0
    android 6.0
    watch software 1.8.46
  • Becker135Becker135 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Add me to the list. Selling TomTom watch on Ebay, looking for a Garmin or other. Why would we change the OS back to 5 just for the watch? Tail wagging the dog.....
    Becker135 wrote:
    Add me to the list. Selling TomTom watch on Ebay, looking for a Garmin or other. Why would we change the OS back to 5 just for the watch? Tail wagging the dog.....
    The cellphone makers always tell us to keep our system updated, they close security breaches, add new functions and TomTom tell us the contrary, to keep our system outdated.
  • JeroenCJeroenC Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Add me to the list. Moto X Play, 6.0. Nothing works. Let me start my rant:

This is not very good for TomTom. The already buggy app was not superb to begin with, the software of TomTom was inconsistent. For example, pairing my TomTom account to Strava was only available via the computer application, not via the website. For many reasons I say to my friends that TomTom is not that good at creating this kind of software yet. I hope they soon release a version that works 100%, not only the designed or intended use, but one that also actually works on all supported devices. The idea that this Android 6 bug started at least 4 months ago and is not yet fixed tells the entire story.

Do you guys of TomTom have any release information on when this will be fixed? Just saying "It's on our list" is not really saying anything, it could stay on your backlog forever while you focus on pushing out new products to the market. No, I'm not downgrading to Android 5, it is a terrible suggestion to begin with. I just had this watch for 6 months, and coming to the conclusion that it is already outdated is a shame.
  • JeroninhoJeroninho Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Same issue with my watch.... GRRR! I'm, really frustrated! I just received a new watch from TomTom because my first 2 watches got broken when i took a swim, And now this! i'm also unable to pair my watch...

Watch: TomTom Multi-Sport
    phone : Motorola Moto G (2015)
    mysport 2.0.12-58b77f0
    android 6.0
    watch software 1.8.46
    When can we expect an update? I'm not always able to connect my watch to the laptop because i'm not always home to do this.
  • tomscott88tomscott88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. When will we get any sort of update?

Watch: TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio
    phone : LG G4
    android 6.0
    Jeroninho wrote:
    When can we expect an update? I'm not always able to connect my watch to the laptop because i'm not always home to do this.
    This becomes worst when your watch has only 5 slots to save your training and a desktop with a 24 inches display.
    Danimatos wrote:
    Well, I think it's easier to sell my watch to some Windows Phone or Apple user and buy a Garmin.
    If it took 4 months to TomTom be aware of this, I guess it will take another 4 or more to fiz that, until there, Google may have updated Android and another bug will come.

You absolutely right! Now the watch is just useless.... Only useful for checking the time :P
  • harbour12harbour12 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. Used to work fine, now it won't sync since Android 6.0. Phone = LG G4.

So poor that after 4 months TomTom isn't even able to put a tentative fix date up. If anyone has seen the reviews for the app on the Play Store, it's about 80% 1 star - mostly people complaining that the sync function doesn't work.

TomTom - do you understand that you're probably losing customers forever? This should be a top priority for you - even if you don't care about users of the current/recent products because you're focusing on the next round of products, the people that you are annoying here are the ones who would have previously been looking to buy the next generation of products. If the company is unable to fix a syncing issue within 4 months (plus whatever lead time you had when Android 6 was in the pipeline), most customers will be put off buying your next gen products - including me.
    harbour12 wrote:
    TomTom - do you understand that you're probably losing customers forever? .

A friend of mine was talking about buying a TomTom watch but I disencouraged him, told to buy another brand, because of this syncing issue.
    I did the same thing. This will cost TomTom al lot of customers! Still no new reply from a member of TomTom on this post! Good job!
  • DkBDkB Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Gutted, multi sport cardio working fantastic for last year. HTC One M8 got cracked screen & when repaired they updated to Android 6. Now watch won't sync with phone for all the reasons you guys have cited. Come on TomTom, don't let apathy spoil the pleasure of your product. It's a great device & a real disappointment to be let down by something like this.
  • rraidrraid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same problem with my tom tom, cannot connect to my android LG G3 phone.

Also tried with a Nexus 5X, and having the same problem.

I get the Incorrect PIN message on both phones if going through the android bluetooth menu, but never had the option to enter a pin.

Through the app, I get an unable to connect message.
  • rraidrraid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    :@:
  • GilbertoeGilbertoe Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I am experiencing the same sync problem with my MotoX Play and Android 6.0. I am very surprised that Tom Tom has not found a fix after several months.

This is my first TOM TOM running watch....

... AND I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT IS THE LAST ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gilbertoe wrote:
    I am experiencing the same sync problem with my MotoX Play and Android 6.0. I am very surprised that Tom Tom has not found a fix after several months.

This is my first TOM TOM running watch....

... AND I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT IS THE LAST ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still no update from a staff member on this topic.... Please tell us when we can expect a solution!
    Gilbertoe wrote:
    ...I am very surprised that Tom Tom has not found a fix after several months.
    Has not found or doesn't want to find a fix?
    IMO they don't care about us.
  • JulianJulian Posts: 2,158 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

we are aware of a problem pairing the watch with android 6.0 devices, and are working on a solution.

This has taken some time, since we have to be able to work securely with all different types of mobile device and there can be compatibility issues; we don’t want to fix it for android 6.0 and cause a problem on any of the existing handset versions.

Please bear with us, we hope to have a solution available soon.

Regards,

Julian
  • Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have a Samsung S6 on marshmallow 6.0.1 , my tom tom runner pairs fine. You pair it through the app.

To get it to transfer runs, i start the app, but i have to turn sync on and off again on the watch to transfer , i have to do it every time.
  • CoopKillCoopKill Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Balb0wa wrote:
    I have a Samsung S6 on marshmallow 6.0.1 , my tom tom runner pairs fine. You pair it through the app.

To get it to transfer runs, i start the app, but i have to turn sync on and off again on the watch to transfer , i have to do it every time.

Same phone/os, but only got it to connect once, and transfer. No luck since, turning sync on/off, unpairing/repairing. Nothing...

:(:@:(