Problems updating IOS App

AligAlig Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Archived Discussions
Wondered if anyone else id having problems updating their Tom Tom app on their iphone. My app store app tell me I have the update but when I tap 'update' I get the 'spinny thing' and then it just goes back to the update prompt. I am on IOS 8.4

Regards
Al

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,978 Superusers
    What happens if you try to delete the old app and install the new one?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum!

I marked your question as answered as the post by Zsolt seemed to have answered it. In case it didn’t actually answer your question or you have some further questions, please post back here so we can help you further.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AligAlig Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    deleting then re-adding has no effect. Same as before, wont update.
  • NineofSevenNineofSeven Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same thing with update v 1.21 to ios 9.0.2 - frustrating
  • seadodgerseadodger Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Alig wrote:
    Wondered if anyone else id having problems updating their Tom Tom app on their iphone. My app store app tell me I have the update but when I tap 'update' I get the 'spinny thing' and then it just goes back to the update prompt. I am on IOS 8.4

Regards
    Al

I have this same issue. Have you been able to updat the app yet?
    Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Could you all, please state your app and iOS version, please? Are you trying to update on the phone or via iTunes? If on the phone, are you on Wi-Fi with mobile data off?

Cheers, Mikko
  • lukey1965lukey1965 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem.

I am using V1.21 of the app and IOS 9.0.2.

I have a 365mb update through the App store, but it will NOT install, just keeps looping around.

Had the same on the Ipad Air before removing from the Ipad and putting on the Iphone (5S).
    Forgot to add, Trying to update via WiFi on the phone with mobile data turned off.
    tomtom western europe app v 1.20
    app version 8.300
    map western_europe
    language: English uk

ios 9.0.2

Everytime i start the installed tomtom app "sign in to itunes store" window pops up. I enter the correct password and the window "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" displays with options cancel/retry

If i enter incorrect password i get "verification failed" window "Your appled ID or password is incorrect" so i know i am putting in the correct details at step above.

If i keep entering the correct username and password in the end i get "cannot connect to itunes store" with OK option only.

I am signed into app store with correct appleid. Other apps are updating automatically.
    seadodger wrote:
    tomtom western europe app v 1.20
    app version 8.300
    map western_europe

ios 9.0.2

Everytime i start the installed tomtom app "sign in to itunes store" window pops up. I enter the correct password and the window "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" displays with options cancel/retry

If i enter incorrect password i get "verification failed" window "Your appled ID or password is incorrect" so i know i am putting in the correct details at step above.

If i keep entering the correct username and password in the end i get "cannot connect to itunes store" with OK option only.

I am signed into app store with correct appleid. Other apps are updating automatically.

Oh, updating on iphone over wifi
    Is there any chance of an update/resolution for this please ??

I still have the (now rather annoying) red blob telling me there is an update on the app store which is for your app and it STILL WILL NOT update.

This issue is now over 3 weeks old and is a bit ridiculous for a supposed world wide company !!
  • BanuschkaBanuschka Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No, the problem is not solved. Please mark it again as unsolved, and please post a solution. Like many others I am not able to download or the update my purchased App TomTom U.S & Canada on my iPhone running 9.02. Even worse, when I try to buy "Try TomTom GPS Navigation U.S.A" it also does not download this App.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Could you all, please state your app and iOS version, please? Are you trying to update on the phone or via iTunes? If on the phone, are you on Wi-Fi with mobile data off?

Cheers, Mikko

I posted the details that you requested over two weeks ago, but you still haven't provided an update. What's going on with this problem? I still can not update your app !!
  • BanuschkaBanuschka Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am starting to appreciate the complexity of these problems. I finally managed to download the map using IOS 9.1. And it works!
  • GSEH88GSEH88 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'm on iOS 9.1 and had no problems previously with updates but today my iTunes downloaded an update for TomTom to version 1.21.1 which includes updated maps. I can confirm this version when I look up the info on the app on iTunes. However, when I sync my iPhone 6s via USB, TomTom on my phone does not update and remains version 1.21. When I check Updates on the App Store app on the phone, the TomTom app does not appear as being available to update (or as having been updated) even though the version on iTunes is newer. I'm hoping to avoid deleting the app and reinstalling as it's too time-consuming to set it up again. Any suggestions?
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, I don't have any news about this issue to share. I'd recommend you all to report it to Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko
  • GSEH88GSEH88 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Mikko, I'm not sure which issue you're referring to but I've just checked again and my TomTom app on the phone seems to have updated to version 1.21.1 at some point even though it doesn't show as having been updated at any point under Updates in the App Store app.
    Did you work out how to fix this? Still cant update here.
    Alig wrote:

Regards
    Al

Did you fix this? Still have the issue here
  • emgedeemgede Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Western Europe app v 1.21.x
    map western_europe
    iOS 9.1

Any news on a fix?

I have this problem too. I am on wifi with plenty of space on my iPhone. I have removed the previous version of TomTom Western Europe and now when I try to download the update to 1.21.2 the download icon spins for a brief moment and then returns to the cloud icon.

I am signed into app store and other apps are updating without any problems.

Without a fix I am unable to use the app.
  • nitfanalnitfanal Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I have the same issue. Am trying to update my app on Iphone 4s, IOS 9.2.
    Initially I thought I did not have enough space. I cleared some data and got 2.9GB space, no luck. Then I removed the app with the hope that I can re-download it. That made things worse. The problem is that now I can't even get the app to install ie I'm without the app and I paid good money for it. I need this app tomorrow. Any resolution/work around please?
  • pacf1952pacf1952 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Same issue for a long time now. Currently iOS 9.2 and Tom Tom 1.21 trying to update to latest version but just loops round and back to update comment like lots of other people.
  • pacf1952pacf1952 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just adding to previous entry - why are Tom Tom doing nothing about this? Seems to be affecting so many people who have paid good money for a product that is not delivering. What happened to customer service?????
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 908 [Exalted Navigator]
    pacf1952 wrote:
    Just adding to previous entry - why are Tom Tom doing nothing about this? Seems to be affecting so many people who have paid good money for a product that is not delivering. What happened to customer service?????
    You need to understand that this forum is NOT TomTom support or helpline, it's just a discussions forum. Occasionally somebody from TomTom will comment, but they are not customer support. For an attempt (good luck too!) at getting support, you need to contact customer support by phone.
    Where there's a will, there's a wake.
  • MiksuMiksu Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think you should check your disc space on your phone. The installer often reacts in this way when there is not enough disc space to download the application data or to install it. Also I suggest that you turn or the WI-FI helper under Mobile menu.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online34

freddy69
freddy69
TassieDocker
TassieDocker
Wil Wil
Wil Wil
+31 Guests