New MyDrive Connect for Mac OSX available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New MyDrive Connect for Mac OSX available for download

2»

Comments

• ahcurley68ahcurley68 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, I'm having the same problem. I too did the same thing and nothing has changed. My VIA1515 and ONEv2 will charge but my Mac mini doesn't recognize it.

Looking for help.
  • esLivingstonesLivingston Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This might be resolved as and when TomTom release a version of MyDrive Connect for OSX El Capitan in which the USBEthernetGadget kernel extension is signed. (A less desirable approach would be for TomTom to persuade Apple to add this kext to the exclusions list).

OSX El Capitan's System Integrity Protection feature prevents unsigned kexts (as is the case with TomTom's USBEthernetGadget at present) from loading. Hence the TomTom device will not be recognised nor connect to the system thus preventing any updates.
  • RogH1RogH1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I held off from early adoption of new OS and versions until last week when I tried to hook up to update my device maps - I have a number of updates to use until service expires July '16. Am now facing the same problems of device showing ! Not Connected - despite having updated as OS and MyDriveConnect software as recommended.

Running OSX 10.11.3 on Mac Mini
    Running MyDrive Connect 4.0.7.2513
    Connected my Go Live 120 Tom Tom
    ! Not Connected

Have tried unplugging/reconnecting USB
    Have tried multiple USB cables (including original)
    Restarted both computer and TomTom several times
    Used different USB sockets
    Have changed Web Connector Port setting (several times) in MyDrveConnect Settings options

MyDriveConnect will not recognise/connect the TomTom - but it is charging from the Mac Mini (Shows Status: Charged. Source: External Power Adaptor)

Don't know if it's part of the MyDriveConnect App but when I select My Content to view updates available I see the current usage status of the Device and Memory Card loaded. Is this held in the App or retrieved from the device ?

Rapidly losing patience and interest now - hope you can provide me with a solution ASAP
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0