New version of MyDrive Connect available to download (Windows: v4.0.4.2260 & MAC: v4.0.4.2336).

TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 28 in News and announcements
Hi all,

Today we released a new version (Windows: v4.0.4.2260 & MAC: v4.0.4.2336) of MyDrive Connect. You will be prompted to install it next time you start MyDrive Connect. You can also download it from www.tomtom.com/getstarted

What's new?

• You will now stay logged in after restarting the application.

• You can now choose where to install MyDrive Connect (only on Windows).

You will be asked for a save location on initial setup, like this.
f9a3c536-c441-47bf-a2d4-e3305ee31c09.png
• Users of the Smart Media-System can now update their device with MyDrive Connect.

As soon as the SD-card from the Smart Media-System is connected to the computer, it will behave just like any other device connecting to MyDrive Connect for updates.

You will be able to update:
  • The device software/application
  • Maps (4 map updates a year)
  • Premium voices
  • QuickGPS
  • MapShare
• This version of MyDrive Connect is compatible with Windows 10 (tested with preview version).

Cheers,
Chris

Comments

• FandangoFandango Posts: 215 [Supreme Navigator]
    Chris,

thank you for the update.

The fact that I had to retype my password every time I ran the application was getting on my nerves... :D
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,979 Superusers
    So far working fine for me on Windows 10 Insider Preview.
  • ThomasGNThomasGN Posts: 360 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Works fine on Mac OS 10.10.4 Yosemite (latest OS X).
  • wayne26wayne26 Posts: 276 [Revered Navigator]
    Hi

Perfect on Windows 10 Final release.

Wayne
  • paulleicesterpaulleicester Posts: 16 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I am using Win 8.1 and MyDrive will not install. It comes up with an error message

Amendment: By changing the default installation directory it will actually install. But then it just refuses to load.
  • tomduulietomduulie Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, just bought a new TT. Trying to install the newest MyDriveConnect to Win7 Home 64bit. Installing gets jammed everytime. It's jams when trying remove some UninstallDriverx64 (or so) file. When checking the the folder there's no such file. Well hard to say what happens, but does not work at all ! Everything tried but nothing works. Last time I bought TT 7-8y ago and had problems getting TT working in PC. I'm getting a feeling that this was the last time with TT, really. You guys should have had time to learn how to make SW working Win. From Google I can see that I'm really not the only one with the same problem.
    Commenting myself here.
    It helps a bit if one selects ANOTHER FOLDER what is proposed during the install of MDC by default. Now the install will pass.... but, updating the TT device itself seems not to work. Loading content to computer... 0%, remaining time 1s... all the time. Just great.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,061 Superusers
    Try disconnect and reconnecting the device to the computer.
    dhn wrote:
    Try disconnect and reconnecting the device to the computer.

That has no effect when MyDriver won't even load!!

Very frustrating. It seems every time TT issue a new update it doesn't work!! Grrr
    Then call CS:
    United Kingdom

02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Use Revo Uninstaller to remove MyDrive Connect completely and try a clean install from www.tomtom.com/getstarted.
    I tried reinstalling 4-5 times and doing allkind of of cleanups etc. , believe me :) As I told, installing to different folder than default was ok for me (win7 with the latests updates). Install of MDC went through - it took a long time but ok finally. Then the upate of TT and map... well, it started but is very very slow (I checked my connection meanwhile and it was running about 35-45 Mbit/s - so no problem in there). It took more than hour to load the stuff to pc (europe 40), then.... it took more than hour to install those to TT. Note that it looks that almost nothing is happening for 10-15 mins at first !). And then... install ended, I pressed the OK in TT and it says that I there's no map at all in TT :). Cannot do anything else than try to switch off/on the TT. It helped. It found the map. After I might have no all working and with most latest sw and map. It took almost 4 hours totally ! Well done TT.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,628 Superusers
    Hi
    The latest MyDrive connect can be found here..... www.Tomtom.com/getstarted

The Microsoft FixIt for Hardware Devices is good for Finding/Fixing MyDrive driver errors....
    Plug your Tomtom in to a USB port and turn on the device then run
    Microsoft Fixit for hardware device problems….. See here.....
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/mats/hardware_device_problems

If required.....
    After installation of MyDrive a backup of the drivers can be found here.....
    C:\Program Files\MyDrive Connect\driver

ATB YFM
  • AldridgeAndyAldridgeAndy Posts: 24 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Will this version allow mapshare updates for the Go 5000 series where the full European map has to be stored on an microSD card?
    Nope.
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    The latest MyDrive connect can be found here..... www.Tomtom.com/getstarted

The Microsoft FixIt for Hardware Devices is good for Finding/Fixing MyDrive driver errors....
    Plug your Tomtom in to a USB port and turn on the device then run
    Microsoft Fixit for hardware device problems….. See here.....
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/mats/hardware_device_problems

If required.....
    After installation of MyDrive a backup of the drivers can be found here.....
    C:\Program Files\MyDrive Connect\driver

ATB YFM

Fingers crossed, that seems ot have worked.
    Many thanks
  • usajayusajay Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I tried over and over yesterday with no success.
    First try this morning and I was susccessful.
    Thank`s to all who have helped.
    It appears to us that, altho we complain and things do get rectified, no-one at TomTom will acknowledge that alterations have been made
  • annteak2annteak2 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I just hope that someone at TT is reading these posts and will find a way to FIX TT/home so that it works with Windows 10 without all these work arounds.
    PMSL Good luck with that
    They have only just got round to making it work with 8.1!!
    That's a load of hose manure. W8, W8.1 and W10 are supported ever since all of those were released. There are always some "experts" knowing it "better" and claiming that the whole OS is not supported. And most of the time it turns out that other 3rd party software cause the trouble, or some settings. If you have a problem and the troubleshooting tips we provide don't help, give a call to TT CS or drop them a mail and they will investigate further.
  • DK-stefanDK-stefan Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tomduulie wrote:
    I tried reinstalling 4-5 times and doing allkind of of cleanups etc. , believe me :) As I told, installing to different folder than default was ok for me (win7 with the latests updates). Install of MDC went through - it took a long time but ok finally. Then the upate of TT and map... well, it started but is very very slow (I checked my connection meanwhile and it was running about 35-45 Mbit/s - so no problem in there). It took more than hour to load the stuff to pc (europe 40), then.... it took more than hour to install those to TT. Note that it looks that almost nothing is happening for 10-15 mins at first !). And then... install ended, I pressed the OK in TT and it says that I there's no map at all in TT :). Cannot do anything else than try to switch off/on the TT. It helped. It found the map. After I might have no all working and with most latest sw and map. It took almost 4 hours totally ! Well done TT.
    install anywere på c: drive. it will work. just dont work on ur main hdd. maybe a ex hdd. not sure
  • yellow68yellow68 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    TTChris wrote:
    Hi all,

Today we released a new version (Windows: v4.0.4.2260 & MAC: v4.0.4.2336) of MyDrive Connect. You will be prompted to install it next time you start MyDrive Connect. You can also download it from www.tomtom.com/getstarted

What's new?

• You will now stay logged in after restarting the application.

• You can now choose where to install MyDrive Connect (only on Windows).

You will be asked for a save location on initial setup, like this.
    f9a3c536-c441-47bf-a2d4-e3305ee31c09.png
    • Users of the Smart Media-System can now update their device with MyDrive Connect.

As soon as the SD-card from the Smart Media-System is connected to the computer, it will behave just like any other device connecting to MyDrive Connect for updates.

You will be able to update:
    • The device software/application
    • Maps (4 map updates a year)
    • Premium voices
    • QuickGPS
    • MapShare
    • This version of MyDrive Connect is compatible with Windows 10 (tested with preview version).

Cheers,
    Chris
  • yellow68yellow68 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello

I'm new here and have a question
    When i open my Drive connect the new one i see my programm openes in a flash and then nothing.
    So i see on my taskbalk the icon it opens and then nothing.
    I have Win 10 and TT Start25.
    Anyone a clue??
    Perhaps a complete uninstall and reinstall?