Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset - Page 6 — TomTom Community

Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset

Comments

• ThomasGNThomasGN Posts: 362 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi Mikko

Has this been a reported issue for a year or more?

Yes. More than a year. Through three software updates without being addressed.
  • RickSkye400RickSkye400 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I would like to hear from Mikko.
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Dear MikkoK,
    since the device is still not working as advertised and seems problems will be not solved, I'd like to return it and get cash back.
    I've bought my device from reseller, not directly from tomtom. I'm afraid the reseller will propose only repair. We know there is nothing to repair.
    How should I proceed?
    I second Eldawido. I want my money back including money for a purse and the locking system.
  • freddanfreddan Posts: 20 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have Iphone 6S and Sena10u to my tt rider 40, not any problem whit sound quality. Only thing I miss is my phone dont sync my Contact to tomtom. I also tried whit my other helmet and on that have scala G4 and not problem whit sound there to.
    freddan wrote:
    I have Iphone 6S and Sena10u to my tt rider 40, not any problem whit sound quality. Only thing I miss is my phone dont sync my Contact to tomtom. I also tried whit my other helmet and on that have scala G4 and not problem whit sound there to.

Your TomTom Rider 40 should sync your contacts from your phone albeit this can take a long time if you have many contacts. Are your Rider software updated? If so, then disconnect all pairrings and remove them from TomTom and do a reset of the device. After reconnect your contacts should show up on your Rider.
    I have reset and update everything. I have been contact whit support and that man i talk to tried everything and he told me there is problem whit tomtom and ios software. About my sound quality I have pared tomtom as second phone and not gps to my headset if that make different.
    freddan wrote:
    I have reset and update everything. I have been contact whit support and that man i talk to tried everything and he told me there is problem whit tomtom and ios software. About my sound quality I have pared tomtom as second phone and not gps to my headset if that make different.

Strange as I have an iPhone too. About the hoarse voice, I do not have the luxury to be able to pair my phone as a second phone on my headset. It is not supported. Anyway, my headset is on TomTom's positive list so TomTom has tested (we are made to belive) and approved my setup. That is why I bought the gps in the first place.
    Yes its strange, about all technology Im not surprice not everything work. When people call me I can see my contact and other by phonenumber on tomtom but I can not make phone call.
    Are you sure your software is updated? Sounds like you have the previous version where only incoming calls were possible.
    I cant be sure its latest software. In my tomtom after update it show version 16.200 and there is not another to download. Route planing works on my drive so it has to be latest version.
    freddan wrote:
    I cant be sure its latest software. In my tomtom after update it show version 16.200 and there is not another to download. Route planing works on my drive so it has to be latest version.

I think the newest version is 16.201, which is possible your version. Odd.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    freddan wrote:
    Yes its strange, about all technology Im not surprice not everything work. When people call me I can see my contact and other by phonenumber on tomtom but I can not make phone call.
    Sounds to me like something's gone wrong with the software update. I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data and trip statistics. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should that not help you solve issue, please set your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X] to reinstall the latest software.

For those of you disappointed with the current issues, I completely understand your frustration and hope I'd have some good news for your! Since that, unfortunately, is not the case, I'd recommend you to get in touch with Customer Service to see if there's something they could do for you in this situation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    How should I proceed to return Rider 400 and get money back?
    Hi eldawido,

Your retailer can help you with that. But I'd recommend you to get in touch with Customer Service first.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 276 [Supreme Navigator]
    ThomasGN wrote:
    I second Eldawido. I want my money back including money for a purse and the locking system.

I can buy the locking system of you if you give me a good deal ... ;-)

Regards,
    Anders
    Hi all,

Thanks again for all your feedback regarding this issue!

As mentioned here before, this has unfortunately turned out to be a very tricky one to crack. We’re working towards including the initial fix in the 16.5 release, however at this point we can't guarantee that this will fix it for everyone.

Just to reiterate for new readers in this topic: In many cases this issue can be solved by disconnecting and reconnecting all Bluetooth connections between your phone (data and hands free), headset and Rider 400/410/40.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing you and greatly appreciate your patience!

Cheers, Mikko
  • RickSkye400RickSkye400 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Has any one mentioned if the order you set them up has any effect?
    I have now upgade my rider to 16.201 and still have good sound and cant import contacts from phone. When I press on phonebutton on rider it saya after 20seconds opps something get wrong. Its not a big problem for me becausw I can use voice comand true my headset.
    MikkoK wrote:
    freddan wrote:
    Sounds to me like something's gone wrong with the software update. I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data and trip statistics. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should that not help you solve issue, pleaseset your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X] to reinstall the latest software.

For those of you disappointed with the current issues, I completely understand your frustration and hope I'd have some good news for your! Since that, unfortunately, is not the case, I'd recommend you to get in touch with Customer Service to see if there's something they could do for you in this situation.

Cheers, Mikko

Hi Mikko. I have reset my tomtom many times and still same problem.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks again for all your feedback regarding this issue!

As mentioned here before, this has unfortunately turned out to be a very tricky one to crack. We’re working towards including the initial fix in the 16.5 release, however at this point we can't guarantee that this will fix it for everyone.

Just to reiterate for new readers in this topic: In many cases this issue can be solved by disconnecting and reconnecting all Bluetooth connections between your phone (data and hands free), headset and Rider 400/410/40.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing you and greatly appreciate your patience!

Cheers, Mikko

Looking forward to that software update and hope for the best.

However, today I discovered that the problem with the data connection is there even when no data is transfered. Just having the BT enabled is enough. I was in Germany (I live in Denmark) where I have no data/wifi on my phone but forgot to delete the pairing on the gps. So the gps could not get data to a traffic update but was connected to the phone - and route directions were still given in a hoarse voice.
    HI freddan,

Your issue doesn't sound to me quite like anything discussed here. I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service for further investigation.

@ Thomas: Thanks for sharing your observation! It's indeed just the PAN connection, regardless of actual data being transferred, that causes this.

Those who have reported here to have experienced this issue also 'without data connection" might indeed actually have had the PAN connection active although no data was transferred e.g. due to lack of roaming. This can be easily prevented by disabling PAN (Bluetooth tethering) on your phone when not intending to use it.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    @ Thomas: Thanks for sharing your observation! It's indeed just the PAN connection, regardless of actual data being transferred, that causes this.

Well, then there is only one problem to solve - right? :cool:
    ThomasGN wrote:
    Well, then there is only one problem to solve - right? :cool:
    That's been the case all along ;) But your observation hopefully helped clearing it out a bit.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Jason_GowerJason_Gower Posts: 95 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    We’re working towards including the initial fix in the 16.5 release

Do you have an rough indication of when this will occur and able to tell us?