Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset - Page 11 — TomTom Community

Rider 400- Hoarse voice in headset

Comments

• eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Nearly all users, that I know, who use both advertised bluetooth functions (live traffic + hands-free calling) meet this problem.
    I've read somewhere that problem exists also while using Rider 400 connected to car's bluetooth.
    But in fact, support admits it's not the biggest problem with Rider 400-450.

Would you please share with us results of the more than year work on this issue?
  • BelgiumRider400BelgiumRider400 Posts: 35 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

After long last, I have a bit of good news :D It's not much at this point and I don't want to raise your hopes too high for a quick fix, but I thought I'd share this anyway as it was starting to look quite grim.

I've been forwarding your feedback about this issue to the product team and they've now come back to me with something more promising. The investigations into this issue are bearing fruit and a potential solution is in sight. It's still too early to say anything further about it, e.g. regarding the nature or time table. However, I wanted to post this to ensure you that the issue is being investigated and progress has been made.

Regarding my troubleshooting advise above, we can never guarantee a troubleshooting step will solve any particular issue. We can only suggest steps with some confidence based on how effective we've seen the steps to be for a particular issue. That's why it's called troubleshooting ;)

Cheers, Mikko

Still waiting...
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Me too still waiting. Butt product.
  • HovanHovan Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I bought a Tomtom Rider 450, tested it during this weekend and got the hoarse voice both during telephone call and the guide,have all the recent updates made too, was about to get my src headset sent in for repair until I found these posts.

Was very disappointed to read the first post was made more then 1 year ago and no resolution to the problem yet.
    Thanks to inform us that the 450 has also this issue. I was wondering if the 450 has not the issue. But sadly it has it also. Maybe you can return the device and buy another brand. It will take quite a long period when they bring out a fix for this. I mean, it will takes months for a solution. Or maybe they never fix it. Status is investigating the issue.
  • HovanHovan Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Unfortunately it does have the same problem, tried resetting it twice and got the same result ??. Will try and get a refund on it or sell it to a friend who don't use or own a Bluetooth headset.
    It's a good GPS but poor Bluetooth solution.
    The device has some flaws and they need to be fixed. 3 models with same issues is not good.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We've just released a new v17.200 software update. Although it doesn't specifically address this issue, we'd like to hear from you whether you notice a difference or not.

Thanks, Mikko
  • whyhaveonewhyhaveone Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
  • CrystalbarnCrystalbarn Posts: 62 [Legendary Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

We've just released a new v17.200 software update. Although it doesn't specifically address this issue, we'd like to hear from you whether you notice a difference or not.

Thanks, Mikko

No it does not address this issue!
  • yamfjryamfjr Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    The hoarse voice is still as bad.. nothing is changed.
  • LeonnekeLeonneke Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Tried today with the latest firmware, still hoarse voice.
    Did a reset, connected headset and phone again, still bad..

Greetings
    Too bad they are not willing to publish what they fixed in the latest release. It is a long list they said. So there is a list. Someone at tomtom had to write the bug fix list. The service is going worst. Now we have to found out by ourselves if our problems have been solved.
    Publish the long list. A simple copy paste action.
    jelle1970 wrote:
    Too bad they are not willing to publish what they fixed in the latest release. It is a long list they said. So there is a list. Someone at tomtom had to write the bug fix list. The service is going worst. Now we have to found out by ourselves if our problems have been solved.
    Publish the long list. A simple copy paste action.
    I see where you're coming from but, unfortunately, it's not a matter of copy and pasting the list. The list is not only very long but also goes to a level of technical detail we can't discuss on a public forum.

I've already posted here on the topics discussing issues that were addressed in the latest release. If your issue(s) was not one of those, it wasn't specifically addressed in this release. As always, we welcome all feedback regarding new or old issues and I'll do my best to communicate about the state of our investigations :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Is there any step forward with the hoarse voice issue?
    Customers can't use your device due to poor bluetooth installed on Rider 400, 410, 450
    Hi eldawido,

Unfortunately, I don't have further news at this point. I'll post back here as soon as I have news to share.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks. Please remind them from time to time that people are waiting for any good news.
  • TidusTidus Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi eldawido,

Unfortunately, I don't have further news at this point. I'll post back here as soon as I have news to share.

Cheers, Mikko

Just a post reporting the issue 2 years ago.. and still not solved... sorry.. but as a company, you didn't deserve any confidence.. if you are not able to solve it or you are not going to do it, tell us.. and we will decide what to do with ours tom tom riders..

till then.. I will recommend to not buy any tomtom to anyone who asks or that just shows instered on my rider... sorry, but this is the consecuencies of your "work".
  • ThomasGNThomasGN Posts: 362 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Started this thread over two years ago but as Tomtom has not been able to cancel my subscription to this forum, I still get updates although I do not have a Tomtom Rider 400 anymore.

Hi Thomas,

We can't manage your subscriptions for you. You can find instructions for how to do it here and here.

Cheers, Mikko
    Another season is almost gone and there is no solution for bluetooth problems of Rider 400, 420, 450.
    Any comment on that?
  • ReneMoReneMo Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    It is sad, I bought this device dec. 2015, and I got what I bought. A device which is not really responsive, and course voice if data connection is used. This has not changed, and I think it never will.
    Should I return the device, because it is getting to the 2 year warrenty limit.

If the data connection via bluetooth is the problem, why is there no wifi connection posible, or build in. Since there is a usb connector, would it not be simple and possible to connect a wifi device, or an usb data dongle to the usb connector ? Why is bluetooth for data used anyway, since if a phone can share data via bluetooth, it can do it also via wifi.
    It would be a great device instantly.
  • ThomasGNThomasGN Posts: 362 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi all,

Here 2 1/2 year after I started this thread, I just looked into the forum to give you an update.

I noticed that you are still having the problem with the hoarse voice - even after the the new software update recently. Well, I did the right thing for me and got my money back and bought the Garmin 595lc. And boy, what a relief. Crystal clear voice, music - even from Spotify, and nice tools for planning trips - albeit a little hard to work with.

Do I miss anything? Yes. Two things: The easy to read screen and this forum. Garmin’s screen have double as many pixels but is a little difficult to read in clear sunshine. And there is no Garmin-forum as this one with direct contact to the company. But as the vocal directions are so clear, I tend not to look at the screen anyway - and the Garmin gps just do not have so many issues as the Tomtom.

Result: I am very happy with my Garmin and would not trade it for even 10 Tomtoms. Furthermore, I would not buy any Tomtom product in the future. I once bought two Tomtom gps apps with Europe and USA maps to my iPhone. They were sold with lifetime support but are now abandoned by Tomtom. I was offered a limited period for free on a new Tomtom app, that I will have to pay a monthly fee for. Rubbish!

Regards
    Thomas

(By the way, in Danish TomTom means Empty-empty :-))
    This is kindly reminder that bluetooth voice quality is still as bad as before.
    Maybe someone can change the priority for this issue from 2357 to, for example, 135?
  • SBDJSBDJ Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Good luck - seems the only person who ever replied from TomTom is no longer here...