Connect new Rider 400 to 2015 Ducati Multistrada — TomTom Community

Connect new Rider 400 to 2015 Ducati Multistrada

LeivPLeivP Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I struggle to connect the new Rider 400 to the bluetooth connection manager on my 2015 Ducati Multistrada. Anybody who knows if there is a fix? The Garmin connects automatically, but not the Tomtom....

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Leiv,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, we haven't tested this combination so I'm unable to help you. However, I'll forward your feedback to the product team and move your post to the Rider board where other users might be able to help you further.

Cheers, Mikko
  • PatcheePatchee Posts: 1
    I got told in the German forum that the Rider 400 can't do that :(
  • Ducati Multistrada DVTDucati Multistrada DVT Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi all, i am having the same problem as LeivP, is it really correct that the TOM TOM rider 400 cannot connect with he Ducati Bluetooth controller module??
  • DUC2015DUC2015 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the exact same problem as LeivP and Ducati Multistrada DVT. Any updates news from TomTom about this issue?
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, not much has changed since my last comment here. You can find the list of tested devices here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • LukeSkyWalkerLukeSkyWalker Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi Mikko,
    Any news?
    I'm not able ti connect my rider 2013 too.
    Br
    Luke
  • LeivPLeivP Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi MikkoK, soon the new biker season is about to start here north, I miss to be able to connect my Tomtom and my Ducati. Ducati seems to install this Bluetooth connection possibility on a variety of new bikes and Ducati is now one of Europe's most selling brands, Tomtom should be able to solve our issue? It is a bit sad with such a huge software company, it should not be too difficult? Wishing for a positive reply soon.
    Hi Leiv,

The FAQ I linked to above will be updated when we've tested new headsets. I'm not aware of plans to test other devices.

Cheers, Mikko
  • The ChefThe Chef Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mikko,

I can't believe you haven't tested the new Rider 400 with the new Ducati Multistrada, it should be top of the list !!
    If you want I can ride over to the Netherlands and you can test it if you like :-)

Come on get it sorted !

Cheers
    Russell
  • Steven-f2Steven-f2 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    TomTom please get your act together and get this tested and working. The 2015/6 TomTom Rider 400/410 is the best satnav on the market, way better than the Zumos, yet it doesn't integrate with the Multistrada DVT properly. FIX IT! PLEASE.
  • Nearly £300 spent and I can't connect it to my bike :(. Soul destroying!! Why can't you fix this?
  • I have the 2016 DVT Multistrada and massive frustration that my TomTom Rider 400 won't connect to the multimidia system.
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any update on this. I own a 400 pro & have just purchased a 2016 multistrada 1200S. I've mounted the great satnav mount & now I can't connect it to the Ducati Bluetooth hub. Why can't the best satnav system connect to the best bike technologically speaking. It's crazy.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    Is there any user manual about it? I would like to take a look...
  • I too have a 2016 Multistrada, like others I decided to do the Rider 400 and now I do not have full functionality between my GPS, Phone, and headset due to the TomTom's refusal to link to the Ducati Multimedia system.
    This has to be a simple fix via software... please make this happen before I abandon my TomTom for the Garmin
  • whyhaveonewhyhaveone Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    All the comments seem to be aimed at Tomtom - understandable - but has anyone tried Ducati with this, the problem may be at there end?

Bluetooth is supposed to be universal, so both manufacturers should be looking at this.
    Superuser
    Bluetooth it's not one thing. It's not just a pipe that transfers data between devices... It's more complicated than what you thing.

As I can see Garmin Zumo users have the same problem. I guess because DMS has the same role as a GPS device. You should contact Ducati too...

With no knowledge of DMS specs & user manual I can't tell anything more...
  • You are both right on some level... its a networking issue. The DMS system is looking to take the place of the media hub or director and the TomTom wants to preform the same function. As such the tom tom will only allow connections for data (phone) and headset and not a handsfree system.
    the DMS system is a true handsfree director and will not pair with another handsfree system just like you can't pair the bluetooth system your car to your wife's car.
    I am sure that the BMW riders are experiencing the same issue with TomTom.
    The reason I've asked Tom Tom to address this is because in order for the DMS system to function correctly it has to be the director.
    This is a simple software issue in the bluetooth network protocol.
  • Veetwin10Veetwin10 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Has the issue of pairing TOMTOM 550 to a Ducati Bluetooth hub been resolved as yet? Si far I can connect my Android Phone and a Sena Headset but cant connect the TT550! The Ducati Bluetooth hub system works on a Garmin unit but I like TT and want to stay with it but if there is no fix I may have to go with a Garmin to get all the functionality I want.
    Superuser
    The same applies to Garmin Zumos...
    A Garmin Zumo 395LM does work with the Ducati BT hub, quite possible that other Gamin models don't.
    Superuser
    You may refer to a specific version that Ducati sell. As I know from Ducati & Garmin related forums Zumos have the same problem. Unless Garmin changed something lately...
    Superuser
    @Veetwin10 Please provide us more details...
    A friend has a Multistrada 1260S, same as mine and he bought a Ducati Branded SatNav which is a Garmin 395LM (it says). Both bikes have recently had an update to the software which was for the dashboard - not sure what it was exactly but it did then enable the Ducati Smartphone App to work.
    When pairing with a Sat Nav from the dash screen the bike sees the TT - says "wait" and then nothing but it does recognise the TT but it isn't paired - no symbol on the bikes dash screen.
    Same process with the Garmin 395 and it says it is paired and you get a small arrow top right of the Dash. Ducati states that it will work with Zumo, 350, 390 and 395 and do not ensure a correct connection with other Bluetooth navigator models.

So if it works with a Garmin 395 why not with a TT 550?
    Superuser
    Because their Bluetooth stack implementation doesn’t support the necessary services and roles to connect the way DMS needs.

Are you sure that it refers to direct sales Zumo 3xx or only the Ducati branded?