TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000 - Page 3 — TomTom Community

TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000

13»

Comments

• I canI can Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, at present I've a 6000 which is useless, due to the road speed problem, I've had it a few months now so I can't return it, I've only used it twice and my live services are running, so as I can't use the device as its not fit for purpose , can I get my live services extended due to this? Or get free next year?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,142 Superusers
    Hi

The GO 6000 has free Lifetime Maps and Live services
    The latest GO 6100 has free lifetime Maps, Live services and Speed cams

ATB YFM
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    I can wrote:
    Hi, at present I've a 6000 which is useless, due to the road speed problem, I've had it a few months now so I can't return it, I've only used it twice and my live services are running, so as I can't use the device as its not fit for purpose , can I get my live services extended due to this? Or get free next year?

We just released a software update which addresses the problem you refer to. Could you update your device and post back here your observations, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • G8gavinG8gavin Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi I've just gotten my new tt 6000 truck don't really like it compare to my old 5150 tt has anyone had problems with the 6000 taken unnecessary short cut on to minor roads not really for trucks and I've tried to set dimension to max but they won't let me told I should be able to set length to 25.25 m but mine won't go over 18.75 m but it now shows new speed limits in England. Plus don't like the fact that I can't add new poi int my own poi folders when I find new owns I really believe tt has messed up with this model
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Gavin,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

If you still get unsuitable routes and/or can't set your vehicle profile, please contact Customer Service for further investigation.

You can add POIs to your device with MyDrive. You'll find them in My Places on your device as well as listed first on the search screen before you enter a search term.

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi thank you for the quick response but for the poi's I have that but what I'm trying to say is that I have severally poi folders like Truckstops,Quarries Warehouses etc so what I'm try to say if I come across any new ones say I find a new quarry that's not in that folder I can't add it or if I find out one of my truck stops are no longer open for business I can't delete it and I don't want to have everything just added to favourite plus how many favourites can I add anyway for I have on poi folder that is Farms with over 1000 farms in it and I can't add to that ether if there is away please please tell me

Yours hopefully Gavin
    Hi just done reset but still won't exceed 18.75 for length or 8.60 for width or go over 44ton for max weight or even go over 11.50 ton on axle weight guess it's back to customers service this is costing me a fortune

Not so happy Gavin
    G8gavin wrote:
    Hi thank you for the quick response but for the poi's I have that but what I'm trying to say is that I have severally poi folders like Truckstops,Quarries Warehouses etc so what I'm try to say if I come across any new ones say I find a new quarry that's not in that folder I can't add it or if I find out one of my truck stops are no longer open for business I can't delete it and I don't want to have everything just added to favourite plus how many favourites can I add anyway for I have on poi folder that is Farms with over 1000 farms in it and I can't add to that ether if there is away please please tell me

Yours hopefully Gavin
    Hi

See Tomtom video "Using MyDrive".....

Adding POI's starts at 2Minutes 10Secomds

Create a POI Category with your Favorite places.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/my-places-folders-892129?postid=1039131

G8gavin Said "I have a poi folder that is Farms with over 1000 farms in it ???"

I have no Idea what the maximum POI count is for a POI Category
    The Archies Camping site for Europe has Thirty-one Thousand Four Hundred and Ninety-two POI locations
    Although file wont load to the NAV4 (GO) device as downloaded from the web it's +2GB
    If you edit the dross that the GO doesn't display... the file size is well under the 2GB Max file size
    My 5000 accepts the edited Archies POI file, so you can load at least thirty-one thousand POI's in a category

ATB YFM
    Can I ask why did Tom Tom feel that this model 6000 replace it Tomtom 5150 don't get me wrong I know there has been other models it has so much wrong can't take right roads I've basically decided that if there's not got a restriction on it it will use it short cuts through housing scems c and B roads just to save a minute I can go over 18.75 meter long or 2.65 wide to see if I can get it to stop and why did the stop use from being able to add new poi to our existing poi files I don't want to keep putting them in fav sorry Tomtom you have messed up

Gavin
    G8gavin wrote:
    why did they stop use from being able to add new POI to our existing poi files I don't want to keep putting them in fav sorry Tomtom you have messed up

Gavin
    Hi
    See the post above your post

ATB YFM
    Thanks but that's not what I'm looking I suppose I just want my 5150 back with a bigger screen plus I don't want to keep getting my laptop out to move fav into my poi
  • OllieCoachdriverOllieCoachdriver Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you plan routes on the trucker 6000 using GPS co ordinates if so how it was simpler on my 7150
  • UK LorryistUK Lorryist Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    All this using a laptop just add your own personal POI is a joke and to me damn confusing too.
    Why,like the previous satnavs I've had can you not,when you touch the screen have the option to add as POI.
    Also it is very,very slow to route and on many occasions where I've diverted off the motorway I've been 20 minutes into the route before it gives you the alternative...it is extremely slow.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0