TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000

Comments

• andrea170sandrea170s Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    in Italy the limit on the highway is 50 km / h !!!! huge mistake.
  • OttoborgeOttoborge Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    We have a lot of errors with the speed limits in Norway as well. If we could change the info on the device (Like as with Garmin), would be kind of better. But a huge jump in the right direction to get this info into the device.
    you can not change an error maps from the device, the 5150 truck does, as ... Mount White sees it as ban for trucks, the 5150 truck I deleted by the navigator, with the 6000 trucker ????
    good morning, even though I have installed the map software V950 and 15,301, still the same mistakes .. I stand 1km away from the white mountain direction Dijon (France) I avoid the tunnel !!! it's ridiculous.
    to make 1000 km in Italy me 20 hours walk !!!
    Calais (France) I do NOT ship to the port of Calais !!!
    but you think with all these huge mistakes you can be faithful? I made 30 reports at: http: //www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/ without having reflected,
    I would like to know under what structure put these Binding Blocks that actually NOT exist.:?
    I profile truck, I want to report an error for trucks, NOT menu there is no entry indicates that unlocks the way to truck !!!!
    tomtom'd better do something too quickly otherwise many will choose Garmin.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Please, see my post here regarding reporting map issues. If you have already made a report with MapShare Reporter you could also PM me the report ID and I can ask the map team to investigate.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Cheers, Mikko
  • Sb64Sb64 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi I've had tomtom truck for the last 5 yrs and apart from the odd blocked rd which was easily fixed by just plugging it in to the laptop it's worked a dream in London and up and down the country never let me down
    So I decided to buy the new trucker 6000 with all the lastest maps traffic ect
    So why ?????? is there such a difference in the routing I'm running my old tontom along side of the new and if I didn't do this I would of been in a mess as the new trucker seems to send me some weird non trucker route I've never been so disappointed I've set the trucker with all the diameters of my truck as I did with my old one tried faster routes shorter distance nothing works .
    spent a lot of money for it to sit in my window and how do you put poi on,the old one was so simple this one no chance and finally my drive app what a joke no app for the UK if I new all this from the out set wouldn't of brought it your customers are your best advert and unfortunately I cannot praise this tomtom. Not very well thought out or tested !!!!!!!!!!! Me thinks.Please help or it goes on eBay
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,278 Superusers
    Customer Service may be able to help you:
    United Kingdom

02079 490 134

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007 Superusers
    Also for the POIs you don't need any app. Just go to: mydrive.tomtom.com
  • Sb64Sb64 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    POI as a trucker for many a year and as j said before had a truck sat nav for years.as a trucker, I haven't like all the other truck drivers I know haven't got the time to park up log on to my drive on phone or laptop and frankly why should we.We all have paid hard earned money for this device the old sat nav one click and I could find my nearest truck stop,key fuel station, and a layby for trucks so the patronising comment you made are quite irrelevant if you type any of the above I've mentioned then you will find that NON of them come up in the search forgive me if I come arcoss being so blunt but it's out of sheer frustration as we seemed to have gone backwards and no foward thinking with truck drivers in mind I noticed there was no mention of the two tomtom running side by side or about the my drive app been with tomtom 8 years this all seems quite embarrassing I work for one of the UK biggest haulage company and as yet cannot recommend this trucker 6000 I will ring the number tomorrow and to see what answers they can furnish me with
    Are you under the influence of some substance? You enter mydrive.tomtom.com and upload whatever POI you want and it will sync to the device. Then you can search for them whenever and wherever you want. If you don't want to understand the help, then rather order the next pint...
  • matt288matt288 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just bought the trucker 6000 and tested it out in my car with truck dimensions , I was surprised there was no warning for low bridges, height of bridge ahead or sharp bends which I would have liked. Please include this in the next update :-)

Trucker 6000
    HI Matt,

Welcome to the forum!

The device should be routing you avoiding too low bridges regarding your vehicle dimensions. Could you state the dimensions you used and an example route (from A to B) on which you experienced this issue. Please, also mentioned which bridge(s) you had trouble with. For pin pointing the location of the issue accurately, please search the location on the TomTom Route Planner and also provide the link to it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MrMultidropMrMultidrop Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    but before we had the live search, so there was no need to upload a POI file before hand! So I do understand SB64, but yes i also agree with you that he might have something taken, or just maybe extremely upset about the performance!

Also I agree with him regarding the the routing, smallest country lanes and side roads are nothing unusual for the trucker never happened before to me with the older 5150.

so lets hope the try to step up their game a bit and improve on routing, functionality and the sluggish response of the device to touches on the screen, entering menus or going back to the map!
    Don't you have online search on the TRUCKER 6000? Other NAV4 devices have it.
    Not to mention that i received an email on the 29/08/15 with all my details , name , device typ, model number etc that their is a new map update and until today the new map is not released!
    Zsolt wrote:
    Don't you have online search on the TRUCKER 6000? Other NAV4 devices have it.

you have the search but i would not call it the same live/ or google search we had on the 5150, definitely less hits and less results! just tried it, after you mentioned it!
    There is no Google Search for years. I think on the 5150 it was never available, only the same as on the latest range. It searches in the online TomTom Places database.
    could be i was thinking it was a broader online search as you get more results with your search! and you can be less precise i.e if something is entered as gas station and you will enter full station it will show up, but now it looks like you have to get everything correct!

same with postcodes

if you enter a postcode on the old device you had always this postcode with street next to it first and then alternatives options next! because we all know postcodes are not always perfect! so you enter the full postcode and your invoice tells you a different street then the sat nav! it was easier before with the list of alternatives (not sure if i should call it alternatives :) )

but I love the new design of the maps and the menus itself! don't get me wrong here! I am not saying everything was better before! but i would say their is plenty of room for improvement.

Specially in Routing which is my main concern! As I do not trust it like i did/do the 5150, or if i drive the mercedes with the build in becker satnavs they are far superior! Like i.e gives you warnings if you go of route and you heading towards a bridge or other issues or showing you a summit of your route and 1 or 2 alternativ routes with time and distance! (i think even the gamins doing it now)
  • frankvdWfrankvdW Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    why is the lifetime traffic only for a year at the time on 6000. And not the whole unit´s life?
    Does Tomtom has plans to build a GPS with a dashcam?
    I`ve been a tomtom user for many years and satisfied and I didn't have plans to change but when I see that Garmin has lifetime map and lifetime traffic updates the unit´s whole life also for truck´s and has a dashcam in it to, then I´m in doubt.

I hope at Tomtom makes the same to so I don´t have to buy a Garmin
    Hi Frank,

Welcome to the forum!

Lifetime services are offered for the usable life of the device. For more information, please see

Where do I find information about Free Lifetime Maps?

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi MikkoK. I can see on the website at maps is the whole lifetime but not traffic there is standing at you have to renewed every year
    frankvdW wrote:
    Hi MikkoK. I can see on the website at maps is the whole lifetime but not traffic there is standing at you have to renewed every year

Are you looking at the GO 6000 or Trucker 6000. The latter indeed comes with 1 year TomTom Traffic.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko.

I ment the trucker 6000. That is why I was saying I prefer to have Tomtom. But if they have more free service at Garmin free map and traffic updates and also a dashcam build in. Then I'm in doubt. So I hope at Tomtom also makes that with traffic free for the whole lifetime of the unit. So I can stay with Tomtom.

Greetings Frank
    Hi Frank,

I'm not aware of any plans to extent the service package coming with a Trucker 6000. But I'll forward you're feedback to the product team :D

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0