TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000 — TomTom Community

TomTom Launches the TRUCKER 6000

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 2019 in News and announcements
Hi all,

We've just launched a new device for truck drivers: TomTom TRUCKER 6000 :D

77f09a1e-44fd-48eb-ad40-41f0a63bf08b.jpg

From the press release:

Amsterdam, 2 June 2015 TomTom (TOM2) today introduces the all-new TomTom TRUCKER 6000, a portable navigation device specifically designed for people who drive large vehicles for a living. The TomTom TRUCKER ensures that drivers are on the right road because it includes customised routes for the user’s specific vehicle type, size, weight, cargo and speed.

Through award-winning TomTom Traffic[1] and advanced routing technology, drivers get a realistic ETA based on vehicle profile and real-time traffic information.

The TomTom TRUCKER informs drivers about traffic and speed camera [2] on their route – the information is displayed in the route bar on the device – making users aware of the position of speed cameras, but also the back end of traffic jams.

Corinne Vigreux, co-founder and managing director, TomTom Consumer: “One of the most important things is for truckers to be able to complete deliveries on time. That’s why we designed the TomTom TRUCKER with truck-specific routing, and world-class TomTom Traffic information, to enable them to be as efficient as possible with the limited time they are allowed to drive. It’s all part of our mission to get people to where they want to be, faster.”

To avoid unnecessary surprises, the TomTom TRUCKER comes with Lifetime [3] Truck Maps at no extra cost. Users can always drive with the latest truck maps – updated four times per year. Other features include Advance Lane Guidance, which clearly shows which lane to take at junctions, and Speak & Go, which allows the driver to control the device with their voice.

The device has a 6” fully interactive screen – simply pinch, zoom and swipe – and it can be docked and undocked easily with the unique Click & Go magnetic mount.

The TomTom TRUCKER is also designed to be taken out of the professional driving environment and into the family car.

TomTom TRUCKER 6000 is available from the second week of June, across Europe, on the TomTom webstore, as well as at retailers at a recommend retail price of 399 Euros / 349 GBP.

[1] TomTom TRAFFIC is provided for 1 year – allowing unlimited TomTom Traffic across Europe at no extra costs. Thereafter, TomTom Traffic can be purchased via TomTom.com

[2] Speed Cameras service is available in 36 countries across Europe. A full list of countries and exclusions can be found here: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/id/8/locale/en_GB

[3]Lifetime is the useful life of the devices, which means the period of time that TomTom continued to support the device with software updates, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available anymore.

See the full press release here and further information about the new device on the product pages where you can also order yours :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007
    Superusers
    Is it a commercial or a Telematics model? Also I suppose it would work as a NAV4 Camper&Caravan model? The model number could be something different though :)
  • EddieMDEddieMD Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Would it be possible for software updates to update a Go 6000 to this spec?
  • stevewalesstevewales Posts: 380 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hey eddie, it's 110% possible ( same device just different software ) but you have a million to one chance of tomtom allowing it! They always stick to there guns when releasing a supposedly new model for a specific purpose.
    Superusers
    Actually, with the Camper map it is possible to "convert" a NAV3 to a dedicated camper model. I suppose with a software update and TRUCK maps, any NAV4 could be made as a TRUCK device. But then of course the ball is on TT's side, they will decide.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is not happening, due to the different subscriptions (maps, traffic, camera).
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Zsolt wrote:
    Is it a commercial or a Telematics model? Also I suppose it would work as a NAV4 Camper&Caravan model? The model number could be something different though :)

This one is a consumer product with no WebFleet option. The truck maps are a TomTom Telematics product which has some implications to e.g. map reporting (truck specific issues) and possibly update schedules.
    Eddiem wrote:
    Would it be possible for software updates to update a Go 6000 to this spec?

Unfortunately not. TomTom Trucker 6000 currently supports only truck maps which are not available for other devices.

Cheers, Mikko
  • alessandro970alessandro970 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Explorer]
    hello
    with trucker 6000 using taxi mode you can set a path and use limited traffic areas or restricted areas?
    hello
    with trucker 6000 using taxi mode you can set a path and use limited traffic areas or restricted areas?

Choosing taxi as vehicle will give you taxi routes so the answer would be yes as long as the restrictions don't concern taxis and we have this information.

Cheers, Mikko
  • ashholbrookashholbrook Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi there,

I received my new TomTom Trucker 6000 a couple of days ago, and so far it appears to be a great piece of kit!

However, since the 6th April 2015, HGV's (including vehicles over a 7.5t weight limit) can now do 50mph on a single carriage way and 60mph on a dual carriage way. Prior to this it was 40mph and 50mph respectively.

The trucker 6000 still has the old speed restrictions in place and takes this into account when planning a route.
    So when I am conducting one of my regular runs the Trucker 6000 is planning a different route, which it thinks is faster, as it thinks I can only do 40mph, when in fact I can actually do 50mph on a single carriage way.

Will this be updated in the next map update or next software update?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ash

(Also posted in 'ask a question' as I wasn't sure where to post as it was my first time in here!)
    Superusers
    Just in case, place a general report in MSR (link in my signature). Click anywhere in the UK, use the "Other" option and report it. If you have an official link where it is confirmed, include that one too.
    Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for the reply. I have reported this on the MSR tool and selected the road that I was using at the time, but have added in the text that the restriction is across for the whole of the UK.
    Will this now be reviewed at TomTom? Needs to be corrected ASAP as the device is calculating routes with incorrect times it would take to complete the route, and in turn, providing you with a route which isn't necessarily the quickest route for my vehicle!

Thanks again
    Superusers
    Usually they check it within the few days, but implementing it might take longer.
  • andrea170sandrea170s Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    hello, this is a disaster trucker 6000, map V950 would like to know under what criteria is blocked by trucks from Italy towards the Mont Blanc France,
    Calais blocked the road to board the ships, in Italy across the motorway network to the limit of 50 km / h mah, money down the drain.
    Superusers
    What did you want to show with the screenshot?
    ridicule limit of 50 km / h on the highway! across the motorway network in Italy.
    It is ger
    Superusers
    Report this issue via MSR (link in my signature), if you feel like. Maybe incorrect map data or software issue with the device.
    It did more than 30 reports, nothing changes, the tunnel of Mont Blanc stuck buses and trucks can not be too big mistakes, Calais blocked the port,
    frankly very disappointed.
  • AlexandruUKAlexandruUK Posts: 41 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    hello there. Well I have something in my mind and i really cannot stop thinking about it.

This maps for truks does not have also IQ routes? Because, if it does, it should not calculate routes even for trucks, regarding to the speed limit. It should calculate any route regarding to the history of the other truks on a specific part of a road/route.

In other words, IQ routes applies only for small cars or for any vehicle?
    Superusers
    That wouldn't explain the 50km/h alert on a motorway (especially as the NAV3 TT model next to doesn't alert).
  • Gavin_CullenGavin_Cullen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am also looking for getting the correct HGV speed limits on my device for the uk.
    Please tom-tom make it happen fast.

Thanks From Gavin
    also a quick question the some of you may know the answer to already. Is it possible when planning a route, say on the computer, to drag the route about on the map so you can select the roads you want to go down? if you get what i mean. As in if any of you have used starva for cycling/running you can make a route and just click along the roads you want to go down and it will mark out the route.

thanks from

Gavin
    Superusers
    As far as I know, there is no PC based route planner is available (yet). They introduced the POIs and the MyDrive site 2 months ago only to this platform. Most likely it will happen, but don't hold your breath about a speedy solution.
    okay thanks Zsolt fingers crossed.
    Hi everyone.

I posted a question a few weeks back regarding the incorrect speed limits for single and dual carriageways on the trucker 6000. I spoke to tomtom last week and they said it would be updated in the next map release (which is 2 months away). But if enough people complain about it then they could fix it sooner. So don't be afraid to complain!
    Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback of the truck map!

As already mentioned, you can report map issues with MapShare Reporter. However, please note, that MapShare Reporter was not designed to report map issues specific to truck maps. Therefore, please mention in the Comments that your report is about the truck map.

Alternatively, you could post your issue with some more details to the Map Quality board where other knowledgeable users as well as a couple of people from our map team can help you report the issue. And of course, you can also report your issue to Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko
    did update map and sotware, continues to avoid the Mount Blanc, what a disaster this 6000 trucker.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0