TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

New maps v950 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 29 in Archived Discussions
Hi all,

We've just released new v950 maps and they are available for download in MyDrive Connect and TomTom HOME and for purchase in the mapshop.

What's new?
New map regions:
For GO 40, 50, 60 series / GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000 devices:
  • Russia
  • Middle East (Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Saudi Arabia)
  • Morocco
  • Eastern Africa/Western Africa/South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho (also for START 40, 50, 60 series)
  • South America, Caribbean, Mexico (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, French Guiana, Saint Martin, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Island, Martinique, Saint Lucia, Guadalupe. Some other countries are also included but have lower coverage :Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Cuba, Dominica, Haiti, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago. Check the mapshop for correct coverage).
For Rider 40/400:
  • South America,Caribbean and Mexico
  • Africa/ Eastern Africa/Southern Africa/South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho/ Western Africa

This release also includes some exceptions:
  • Europe map (compatible with GO 40/400, GO50/500/510/5000/5100, GO60/600/610/6000/6100) will stay on version 9.46. V950 map for these devices is planned to be released in end of June (subject to change).
  • Europe map (compatible with Rider 40/400) will stay on version 9.45.
  • Europe v950 (compatible with START 40/50/60) will be released later. Update: This was released on May 25th.
  • New Zealand Map will stay on version 9.40. A new version to fix the speed limits is planned to be released in end of June (subject to change).

Update 25/06

We've just release some maps that didn't make it to the main release in May.
    For GO 40, 50, 60 series / GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000: Europe v951, Africa v951 For Rider 40/400: Europe v9.50, Africa v951 For all devices: New Zealand v9.51: This release will fix the issue with speed limits For the 2010-2012 generation devices updated with MyDrive Connect: China v951 (only for devices sold in China) For devices updated with TomTom HOME and the 2010-2012 generation devices updated with MyDrive Connect: Central Europe v9.51: We will introduce map zones; USA & MEX 9.51: Map will be divided in smaller zones For TomTom TRUCKER 6000: Europe_truck v951 Australia_truck v951 Latam_truck v951 (South America, Caribbean & Mexico) USA & Canada_truck 951
Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    Cool :)
  • jbbjbb Posts: 91 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Mikkok I'm a little confused in your post it states Europe v950 (compatible with START 40/50/60) will be released later. Yet today my device (Start 60) downloaded and installed v950. Also had a look at the map and there are still something's wrong in my area, one is a car park showing on a bus only road and a one way street that is in fact two way. Both these where accepted on the map correction site 2 months ago. The car park is shown on the wrong road the actual entrance is on an adjacent road and as been for at least 20 years. As for the one way street that is now 2 way this was in place over 3 years ago. And this is suppose to be a map update?
    Map corrections can take 6-9 months to be implemented in TT maps. Most probably those you reported will be in the next map or the one after.

Edit: Also your Start 60 is most likely the old Start 60, the NAV3 model.
  • StefanStefan Posts: 6,090 Superusers
    Updating since noon.. lots of map updates (& new maps) to install. :8

Awesome TomTom Team! ;)
    Thanks Zsolt but wouldn't it be nice to have a up to date map to start with? Yes I appreciate that it takes time for map corrections to filter through but who ever produces these map are not checking they are correct to start with, as the car park I mentioned and the 1 way now 2.
    Also my Start 60 is the new one nav4-b6
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    jbb wrote:
    Mikkok I'm a little confused in your post it states Europe v950 (compatible with START 40/50/60) will be released later. Yet today my device (Start 60) downloaded and installed v950. Also had a look at the map and there are still something's wrong in my area, one is a car park showing on a bus only road and a one way street that is in fact two way. Both these where accepted on the map correction site 2 months ago. The car park is shown on the wrong road the actual entrance is on an adjacent road and as been for at least 20 years. As for the one way street that is now 2 way this was in place over 3 years ago. And this is suppose to be a map update?

The announcement refers to the Europe map. You have updated a Western Europe map.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks Mikko
    That makes sense. The full EU map was mentioned by Mikko (to be delayed), so yes, with WEU you can have the new Start 60 then.
  • wayne26wayne26 Posts: 276 [Revered Navigator]
    Hi Mikko

Thank you for the new maps. We got new ones for Australia as well.:cool:
    Downloaded the EEU map on 4 NAV3 devices and the WEU map on 1 NAV3 device without a single issue. Even the download and install bar was visible at all time.
    Hi
    Things went well for the update to the 2050, about 6 mins for the Aus. map.

The 6100 is a bit slower, and yes I forgot to un tick some of the maps. Been 6 hrs. so far and now at 53% with 24hrs to go.
    That will teach me to be a bit more careful in the future.

• DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Any prevision when release for go mobile?
  • marlintt_un40marlintt_un40 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Funnily enough! my NVA-SD8110 inbuilt car unit told me today that I have a new map V950 for download.
    What tells the head unit to tell me the new map is available? Is this done via the SIM card or some other broadcast mechanism to the unit?
    Thanks in advance.
    Funnily enough! my NVA-SD8110 inbuilt car unit told me today that I have a new map V950 for download.
    What tells the head unit to tell me the new map is available? Is this done via the SIM card or some other broadcast mechanism to the unit?
    Thanks in advance.

Yes, these messages come via the LIVE Services. You can now download your new map :D

How do I download and install my map? (TomTom HOME)

Cheers, Mikko
  • marlintt_un40marlintt_un40 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks MikkoK

I have sent you a PM.
    Regards..
  • Waszko80Waszko80 Posts: 98 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK!
    When in June we can expect the latest map 9.50? Why such a delay? Thank you for your response.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,096 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Waszko80 wrote:
    MikkoK!
    When in June we can expect the latest map 9.50? Why such a delay? Thank you for your response.

Re New Zealand then 1st post says:-
    New Zealand Map will stay on version 9.40. A new version to fix the speed limits is planned to be released in end of June (subject to change).

I wonder....?
  • Daniel PetersonDaniel Peterson Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for new map update Mikko
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Had an email from TomTom advising there was a new Summer map to update for my GO5000, but when I try to update it tells me that I'm up to date with version 946.6347
    derek500 wrote:
    Had an email from TomTom advising there was a new Summer map to update for my GO5000, but when I try to update it tells me that I'm up to date with version 946.6347

As mentioned above, the Europe map for the new GO devices has not been released yet. Unfortunately, the recent marketing email seems to have erroneously to some people with one of these models.

Our apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers, Mikko
  • stevewalesstevewales Posts: 380 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    So, 23 days later and we still don't have new maps :@.
    Why are tomtom always so slow at sorting out problems! I think people need firing and good people need hiring.
    It won't be huge help, but their promise is 4 maps a year. If we receive one map each day in the last four days of the year, they still kept their promise. It is not told that we will receive for sure 1 new map in every quarter, right at 12:00pm on the 15th.

What happens if the map is delayed by a month or so? Or even 3? Maybe none of the roads or speed limits or whatever is changed where you would use it, maybe all. As long as you have a more or less recent map, you are all set.
    Steve

•Europe map (compatible with GO 40/400, GO50/500/510/5000/5100, GO60/600/610/6000/6100) will stay on version 9.46. V950 map for these devices is planned to be released in end of June (subject to change).

They did say the end of June, it's only half past and they said (subject to change).

Zsolt
    Yes I have to agree, most of the streets in our local area do not change much over a year. Yes we do get new sub divisions and new roads, but they do not happen over night. Speed limits do change ( a whim of local government) and to me I would like to have them updated promptly.

4 maps a year some regions get them on schedule, others have to wait a bit, but it will happen. It's a TomTom get used to it.:cool:

Regards Wayne
    Hi all,

We just released some more maps. Please, see the updated announcement above.

Cheers, Mikko
  • stevewalesstevewales Posts: 380 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    cheers mikkok, downloading now:D
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online21

MatthiasUlrich
MatthiasUlrich
+20 Guests