Sony XAV602BT with gps mode - VERY DISAPPOINTED

diemmediemme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 29 in Built in car navigation
I am a very unhappy customer who decide to buy the Sony XAV kit with TomTom gps integrated module. As i knew the device was coming with Western Europe map, I couldn't know there is no chance to change the map and no support at all.
As I live in Italy and have relatives in Croatia, I need to have an Europe map including Slovenia and Croatia. So I decided to purchase tha map via TT Shop.
From the menu on the shop I selected Europe Map and my device (Sony XAV..), so I thought it was over....I couldn't be more far than the truth.
So the only way to update tha map was via MyDrive....but how do you connect a multimedia station to a pc?????
Decided to open a ticket..an the italian team was Always giving the same answer, to connect the device and update with my drive...
I sent them all the details, even the picture of the device (autoradio)....and they continued to fool me dsaying it could be the driver...O_o
I tried also to connect the external module to pc and it was identified as "u-blox gps receiver".
I can't imagine that it's not possible to change the map, from Western Europe to Europe, even to Eastern Europe.
And all specifications didn't mention this, and even the TT shop was indicating as if it could be possible.
Somewhere I read that could be a firmware version....unbelievable! It means WE firmware allows only WE maps? So I want an Europe o Easter Europe Firmware.
I do pretend it. Becuase it is not fair! I have spent money to buy the kit, money to a proferrional team to Mount on my car and money and time to search the way to change the map, which should be the easiest thing! I am willing to pay for this service, I am not trying to steal or to crack a system.
I do pretend it to work.
This is my first experience with TT and obviously if only I knew that would have gone this way I would obviously have choosen something else...
VERY VERY disappointed.
If needed I will continue to write to TT support in order to solve this problem.
A refund? yes, It was done for the map. BUT who will refund the damage? The xit? The installation? TT will surely wipe his hands..
A very disappointed-never-again-customer

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi diemme,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your product! We develop built-in products together with car manufacturers and other companies such as Sony. The availability of maps and other services are determined together with these partners.

I will forward your feedback to the relevant people. Hopefully we'll be able to offer more maps for this device in the future.

Cheers, Mikko
  • diemmediemme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hallo Mikko,
    have you got any feedback from TT? News?
  • diemmediemme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    diemme wrote:
    Hallo Mikko,
    have you got any feedback from TT? News?

SO ????
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi diemme,

Please, see these FAQs. Further support is provided by Sony.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Omg1010Omg1010 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am in exactly the same situation! I need maps outside the western europe terrain (Poland) and it is apparently NOT possible to buy and install any other maps/countries. And what this staff Mikko has written matches my experience. Tomtom says "we are not responsible ... contact Sony" and Sony just says "it is not possible to install/buy other maps ... please contact tomtom ...". So the customer who has paid prime money for this freakin device is being treated like the pingpong ball and apparently nobody is responsible. .. welcome to the world of Sony and TomTom.

It is worthwhile to mention that there is NO TomTom device on this planet (neither standalone navigaion units nor Android or iphone apps) where you cannot buy and install any other/additional maps. This Sony device (app and maps provided by tomtom ... so tomtom is in charge!) Is the only one on this planet where this is not possible.

This client service is absolutely ridiculous and tomtom as well as Sony are a joke. I can only recommend to anybody to avoid this equipment (both sony and tomtom).