Back button bug in Android Chrome browser — TomTom Community

Back button bug in Android Chrome browser

DaffDaff Posts: 127 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
Using an android phone with stock lollipop. When I am reading a thread, pressing Back does not take me back to the list of threads in the section, it just stays on the message. Pressing Back a second time takes me right back to the list of sections. I have to select the section again and scroll down to find the next thread. I find the forum very tiresome to use on an android phone due to this quirk. Is it a known issue?

Steve

Comments

• rjc666rjc666 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Happens on my iphone ever since the change over to the new forum.
    Bit of a pain to use so I don't follow the forums as much as I used to.
  • DaffDaff Posts: 127 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Ah, so it's a bug in their mobile site rather than an incompatibility with the Android browser as such. Strange that they would have gone to the trouble to have a mobile specific version of the site but leave it with completely broken navigation.

Steve
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,155 [Revered Voyager]
    A different issue with the forums with the Android Chrome and also Firefox browsers is its handling of links in emails for followed topics. I don't know if this was already discussed and my apology if it was.

When a new posting is made to a followed thread the server sends the followers emails of the form {someone} has commented on your topic: {TOPIC SUBJECT}. Click here to view the comment. With the mobile Chrome and Firefox browsers the link works to display the correct comment briefly only to be re-written to a different URL that has THIS PAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE. Interestingly, the built-in browser of RoboForm does not warp away from the correct link. As just one example, a correct link to:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-988105/index1.html#post1022267

becomes re-written to become this bad URL:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-988105/post1022267

Maybe something about the string index1.html# causes that text to be excised by the javascripts in Chrome and FireFox but not in RoboForm from the address.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'll send this over to InSided for investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,155 [Revered Voyager]
    tgold wrote:
    A different issue with the forums with the Android Chrome and also Firefox browsers is its handling of links in emails for followed topics. I don't know if this was already discussed and my apology if it was.

When a new posting is made to a followed thread the server sends the followers emails of the form {someone} has commented on your topic: {TOPIC SUBJECT}. Click here to view the comment. With the mobile Chrome and Firefox browsers the link works to display the correct comment briefly only to be re-written to a different URL that has THIS PAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE.
    This problem appears now to have been cured.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

Thanks for the confirmation!

I suppose it's part of the improvement InSided made to the mobile version, which I mention here.

Cheers, Mikko