Love the new Forums... with 1 exception! — TomTom Community

Love the new Forums... with 1 exception!

ukdeejayukdeejay Posts: 34 [Prominent Wayfarer]
edited January 11 in Forum feedback
On first encounter with the new Forums - don't come here often, so not sure how long it has been in use - I'm loving it. The only exception is... very few of the on-screen icons appear to have a pop-up explanation of what they are/do?

Take this 'Start a new Topic' screen as an example -

Bottom-left of the message window is what appears to be 2 triangles inside a square, then a right-facing arrowhead inside a square. Bottom-right of the window is a 'smiley face' and a '?' question mark. None have pop-up explanations. The main Forum window is even worse...!

Maybe there is a Post explaining all these icons somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Suggest a Post titled 'What all the new Forum icons are/do' might be a good place to start!

Otherwise, keep up the good work. A huge improvement on the old Forums.

Comments

• lojolojo Posts: 333 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You will come to dislike the new forum, like some of us, specially when you use the mobile version.

Usually I am not against design changes, as long as the things work, at least as intended. :D

I will keep my complaining about the forum down a bit after seeing the big change with mydrive and agree TT should concentrate on improving that.
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    ukdeejay wrote:
    On first encounter with the new Forums - don't come here often, so not sure how long it has been in use - I'm loving it. The only exception is... very few of the on-screen icons appear to have a pop-up explanation of what they are/do?

Take this 'Start a new Topic' screen as an example -

Bottom-left of the message window is what appears to be 2 triangles inside a square, then a right-facing arrowhead inside a square. Bottom-right of the window is a 'smiley face' and a '?' question mark. None have pop-up explanations. The main Forum window is even worse...!

Maybe there is a Post explaining all these icons somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Suggest a Post titled 'What all the new Forum icons are/do' might be a good place to start!

Otherwise, keep up the good work. A huge improvement on the old Forums.

Hi there,

There are one or two topics in the 'How To Use The Forum section which describe some of the features of the forum. Here is one that describes how to use the attach an image section. I am thinking about putting something together which describes everything in one post, I agree the icons can be a little bit confusing at first.

I'm sure you have figured this out, but let me explain what the icons underneath the text box are.

The one with the two triangles is the post an image button.
    The one with the sideways triangle is the post a video button.
    The one with the smiley face is to add an emoticon.
    The question mark is guide for text formatting.

We have fed back the request for pop up details of the icons to inSided. We would like the feature to be there just as much as everyone else.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Chris