TomTom Launches MyDrive
As announced earlier we've been beta testing a solution for delivering Community POIs for GO and START 40, 50, 60 series / GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000 as well as Rider 40/400 devices. This MyDrive release is providing that feature and more
- Route Planner – Plan a route on the map either by searching for a location or clicking/tapping on the map, see the distance and the journey time, change the time and date of departure for more accurate route using the IQ routes data
- Traffic Viewer – View Traffic directly on the map, clicking/tapping will bring more information on the type of traffic, it’s direction and the delay
- Send Destination – Send a location directly to your device either using the search feature or by clicking/tapping on the map, the device will automatically plan a route to this destination
- Sync Favourites – View all the Favourites from the device on the map or in a list, add or delete Favorites directly on the map
- Sync Community POIs – Send your own OV2 files from your Computer to your device.
When you open MyDrive Connect you will see a link to the MyDrive page.
By clicking on the search option you can search for a city or a street: When you start typing MyDrive will start to show a list of possible addresses.
Plan a route
MyDrive will show the distance, the arrival time (time is based in expected traffic) and the route planned on the map. You can also decide when to leave (day and time) or when to arrive (day and time).
Sync a destination:
When you plan a route, the destination will be added automatically to your device and it will plan a route to that destination.
NB: Only the destination will be imported. Your device will calculate the route based on your GPS position and settings.
The destination can be found on device under My Places > Recent destinations (or also under Recent Destination from Main menu).
Sync Favourites places and Community POIs
Under My Places there is the possibility to add Home location, Work location and a new place.
You can add a new place by typing the address and once it is found click on Done (you can also give a personalized name to the Place).
By clicking on Done the Place will be shown in the list and added in automatically to your device.
Sync Community Content
You can import OV2 files from your computer in order to add POIs.
The file will be listed under POI files as well as MyPlaces on your device.
- In order to have the sync of recent destination/ favourites place/ POI, you must be logged on the device with the same account you're logged into MyDrive.
- With Always Connected and Smartphone Connected devices you don't need to connect to you computer for synchronisation as it will happen over the air. Not connected devices (e.g. the START series) must be connected to computer via USB cable to your computer in order to synchronise content.
- The sync of Places and a destination is also accessible by right clicking on a point of the map.
- Max amount of Places: unlimited
- Max amount of POIs: the limitation is based on available memory on the device. Maximum size of a single POI file is 2MB.
Favourites or POIs can also be deleted in MYDRIVE: Select a Favourite or a POI and click on Delete
In Map Settings you can select whether you want traffic to be shown, select a night view or select the distance units.
Under MyDrive Settings you can read more about the use of your data in MyDrive. You can also download the data we are using in a text file (mainly a list of coordinates not linked in anyway to you personally).
Customer can also decide to clear his data from MyDrive.
For the full press release please see here.