Requirements for TomTom GO Mobile for Android - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Requirements for TomTom GO Mobile for Android

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Did you get it offered for this device in Google Play Store?
    Yes.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    tgold wrote:
    Yes.

Thanks for the confirmation! I have forwarded this to the mobile team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • lukasmotanlukasmotan Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, do you think you can provide me 1.4 APK. I would be grateful, if it will work. I succeeded to run it, but I have the same error as you with max downloadable data size. You can upload it somewhere and provide just link :)

Thank you so much
  • lukasmotanlukasmotan Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    imh wrote:
    Is GO MOBILE any way blacklisted for Blackberry OS? I use older v1.4 on my Blackberry and is running well. The installation of the new app (on BB Q10 OS 10.3.1) is working and then is possible to start download of any chosen map. But the download stops every time after +- 100 MB (X % depending on the size of the map) with message to check the internet connection. Old app v1.4 runs on this Blackberry still well - download of the whole Europe map and also all in-app purchases. But I would like to use the new one..

Hi, do you think you can provide me 1.4 APK. I would be grateful, if it will work. I succeeded to run it, but I have the same error as you with max downloadable data size. You can upload it somewhere and provide just link

Thank you so much
  • ajc1ajc1 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    To be clear can you confirm if this works on the samsung galaxy tab pro devices?
    Thanks
  • gpsfanaticgpsfanatic Posts: 57 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Is there any time frame for the next update of the app?

I have this successfully running on the Galaxy S4, S5 and Note 4.
  • Frank1962Frank1962 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    my unlimited KM doesn't work on Galaxy S6 edge.
    I have paid for 3 years and later for 1 year suscriptions but I cannot get it recognised or working.
    Support doesn't answer me, I have posted a lot of messages.
    I want a refund for both or one of the two if the other upgrade is working.
  • David StockfordDavid Stockford Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When is the option of uploading .itn files going to be added. It is almost impossible to program a route with multiple (10 or more) waypoints using the phone.
  • Djice746Djice746 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I am having the same problem too as I have a Asus FonePad installed in my car, paid a premium price for tomtom navigation which I was happy to do so,for TomTom to say that this version will be discontinued and will not be updated as of October 2015.
    OK I said as they gave an offer on that tablet of 3 years for 50p for the new go version. Accepted it and went to download it then it tells me not compatible with this device. Lol Robbed.
    My only alternative is to look for a different brand of navigation software as I don't think TomTom are interested in solving this problem, this should be working on all devices.
    Has anyone managed to solve this issue, I've managed to download the apk file install it but map doesn't show only speed and menus work thou. Not bad for 50p hey why am I complaining.
  • sergioslsergiosl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I hereby require the options of backing up and restoring the Favorites (My Places) or any other tool to make a client happy when he has to update or reinstall the app. Till now, as far as I know, this "beloved" app is the only one which does not offer this kind of procedure or publishes instructions of how to recover our treasure.
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 31 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have Android Go Mobile installed on my Nexus 7 and I'm really happy with it. I've been using TomTom since the very beginning.
    The problem is that my Nexus 7 won't charge properly and so it's being replaced under warranty. But not with a Nexus 7
    That didn't show my complete post. Short story. My option is a Samsung TabS2 8". I see that Go Mobile requires a 7" screen. Does anyone know if it'll work with the Samsung Tab S2 8"? Thanks.
    Hi Crusader3020,

Welcome to the forum!

The app should work fine on bigger screens as well. We've so far only tested it with screens up to 7", but beyond some minor layout issues you should be fine with bigger screens as well.

Please, let us know how you find it :D

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Crusader3020,

Welcome to the forum!

The app should work fine on bigger screens as well. We've so far only tested it with screens up to 7", but beyond some minor layout issues you should be fine with bigger screens as well.

Please, let us know how you find it :D

Cheers, Mikko

Haha. Right. No guarantees though eh :? :cool:
    I'll let you know

Cheers, Larry
    So bit the bullet and took the risk and it works just fine using the 500mb Australian map. I've also downloaded the Western Europe map which is 5gb. Obviously can't try and use that until I get there next year :cool:
    But it is very crisp and bright on the Samsung Tab S2 8.0
  • Arend PArend P Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi MikkoK (& Go Mobile users)

I would like to have an updated 'official' statement about Go Mobile compatibiliy with Intel processors? According to the posts it seems some users manage to run Go Mobile on Intel 'powered' smartphones, wherease MikkoK stated (a year ago) the two are not compatible. Maybe compatibility has been improved since then? I am considering buying a Zenfone 2, would like to be sure Go Mobile will run on it.

Also any information from other users on running Go Mobile on Zenfone 2 (problems, tips, tricks) are welcome.

Thanks!
    Until and unless TomTom announces that they support Intel parts I suggest that you try to avoid them - even if someone tells you the current release of GO Mobile works on a Zenphone 2 - because some future update may break that compatibility. Having said that, I have never had any problem with any version of Navigation for Android or of GO Mobile on my Hudl2 (made by Pegatron) tablet that is powered by an Atom Z3735D.
    Hi Arend,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing this up!

The compatibility mentioned above indeed means support, as tgold mentions. This again means that we haven't tested the app on Intel based devices and therefore cannot guarantee it'll fully work on them.

All feedback regarding unsupported devices is, however, also welcome as it helps further improve the app and prioritising future testing. Nevertheless, we cannot help with problems faced using the app on an unsupported device.

I'll update the FAQ as soon as there are changes in the app that require it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • LukeMattocksLukeMattocks Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any ideas as to why a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua isn't compatible according to Google Play Store?
    Hi Luke,

I'm not aware of that phone model being incompatible. If the above mentioned requirements are fulfilled the app should be offered. I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service about this for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jmorenojmoreno Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    You need a requirement more: Too much lucky to traffic and cam connections! :D:D:D
  • TBD-EvoraTBD-Evora Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So, when will you have a fix for Intel based devices? These devices are becoming very popular in car head units.
    Can't be so hard to solve the Serial number issue.
    TBD-Evora wrote:
    So, when will you have a fix for Intel based devices? These devices are becoming very popular in car head units.
    Can't be so hard to solve the Serial number issue.
    I have seen no incompatibility with my own Intel powered tablet in any version of Android Navigation or GO Mobile. I suggest the original pronouncement about incompatibility should have said no more than that Intel powered devices were unsupported. I also do not believe that any issues connected to car head units and their serial numbers is in any way related to their use of Intel parts.
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 63 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    ajc1 wrote:
    To be clear can you confirm if this works on the samsung galaxy tab pro devices?
    Thanks
    It work on my 8.4
    But..... the icons and text are much smaller than on my much smaller phone.
    Go still needs to be made really compatible with tablets (and high res phones)
  • jvr62jvr62 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Estoy intentando cargar la aplicación desde Google Play en un dispositivo multimedia android 6.0, al terminar la instalación y arrancar la aplicación sale constantemente un mensaje: "No es posible conectar con TomTom. Intentelo de nuevo más tarde". Existe conexión de red.
    ¿Podrían indicarme alguna solución?