Avoid Part of Route? - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Avoid Part of Route?

2»

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,211 Superusers
    Hi @Carl-to-go
    Carl-to-go wrote:
    When using mydrive app to plan a route, the Send to device button is greyed out and doesn't do anything, ever. The connection is fine (I can send saved routes for example), but I can't send the suggested routes for one-off journeys:
    Send to device button is greyed out....
    See.... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/sent-to-device-option-on-the-mydrive-route-planner-1028524/index1.html#post1229695

ATB YFM
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 504 [Exalted Navigator]
    I feel sorry for the customer service advisors. They try to do a good job but they are being badly let down by the "experts" in their company. This prompted me to respond to TomTom like this recently:-

"I must admit, I am very disappointed with the responses you have
    received from your colleagues.

Customers do not have the time to keep reporting every routing error and
    even if they did, it would be a bit like bolting the stable door after
    the horse had fled, to coin an old phrase. Also, TomTom shouldn't be
    relying on customers to do their work for them.

Given that TomTom is a "huge company", they could easily solve this by
    allocating some of their huge profits to, if necessary, engaging
    personnel with the ability to sort out these sort of problems.Think
    about this - it's now some fifty years since we navigated space to put
    men on the moon, which required amazing technology to achieve. Since
    then, technology has advanced beyond anyone's imagination and yet
    despite that, TomTom can't be relied upon to plan routine journeys on
    our own planet. You would have thought that given the length of time the
    company has been in existence, they would be at the cutting edge of
    navigation technology, but clearly they are not."

The Customer Service Advisor responded:-

"The only thing I can do is report this in our Internal feedback channel and have you do map share reports. Other than that there is little we can do to speed up the process unfortunately. I hope you do understand this.

While I understand and empathize with this situation, it is hard for me to really give you the answer you want since I am also limited to my solutions.

I'm also frustrated myself because patience is the worst solution I like to give customers especially if they have already lost hope in the brand name.

I am sincerely sorry for this situation!"

Rather depressing really.
  • olevolev Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Almost a year from last post on this topic. Is there progress somewhere?
    Living in Estonia, I would frequently make a car trip to somewhere in the western part of Europe. But TomTom thinks that is very easy to drive thru Russian Kaliningrad Oblast, and usually draws 2 of 3 routes there. Also sometimes it thinks that I should drive thru Belorussia.
    Both possibilities are inacceptable for an EU citizen because they require visum etc. So the "nice" route alternatives are actually good for nothing. And I have almost every time manually set a stop near Suwalki -- on the only road that connects Baltic states with Poland.
    Even the Microsoft Autoroute from Dark Ages had this "avoid an area" feature, and the worst is that TomTom had it also.
    Please, put it back!
  • calvarkcalvark Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Tomtom go forgets my saved route carefully avoiding all the bad parts . I take the trouble to workout a good route save it and then when I come to load it again it just ignores my route and ploughs me through all the road works again. What am I paying for?
  • pvanewijkpvanewijk Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    There is a little single track road which is used as a rat run and given as an alternative route when the my main route work to home is busy. I do not consider it safe, many have ended up in the ditch and would dearly love to set a permanent "avoid this road". What are the chances without attempting a map correction?
  • lostagain215lostagain215 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    by reading the posts above, it seems that older units work better. it appears that tomtom doesn't need to do much to retain the user base other than: 1. implement faster cpu and gpu so that it'd calculate routes faster, and more responsive touch screen. 2. brighter screen so that it's more readable under sun 3. maybe longer lasting battery (that's easy to replace) 4. bigger (ssd) storage space (user upgradable) or optional ssd card slot.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,211 Superusers
    edited August 1
    Hi
    @lostagain215
    I marked your post as completely off topic....
    by reading the posts above, it seems that older units work better. it appears that Tomtom doesn't need to do much to retain the user base other than: 1. implement faster cpu and gpu so that it'd calculate routes faster
    The latest NAV5 (Wi-fi) devices already have a faster CPU than your NAV4 GO 60
    more responsive touch screen. 2. brighter screen so that it's more readable under sun
    The Start Range has a resistive Screen ... All of the remaining Mid & Upper ranges have a Capacitative Screen (Like a Smart Phone)

Re...Your GO 60 Screen brightness are you using the TOMTOM Supplied Power Adapter & lead
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1662684/#Comment_1662684
    maybe longer lasting battery (that's easy to replace)
    Re...Your GO 60 Battery duration are you using the TOMTOM Supplied Power Adapter & lead... See the above link

Replacing your GO 60 Battery....
    See... https://www.newpower99.com/TomTom_GO_60_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/tomtom go 60.htm

bigger (ssd) storage space (user upgradable) or optional ssd card slot.
    A high proportion of the early NAV2 Devices already have Micro SD slot
    Most of the following NAV3 Devices already have Micro SD slot
    All of the later NAV4 & Latest Nav5 (Wi-Fi) Devices already have Micro SD slot

Compatible memory cards for map installation
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

ATB YFM