As mentioned here before, we're working hard with InSided to make this the kick-**** forum you all want and deserve I've also promised to post some info about what we're working on and I'll list some of the top items below. But first I'd like to highlight some features of this new forum we didn't have on the old one.
As you've noticed we have the Recent topics and Help others buttons on the floating header now. We've already noticed that it would be handy to be able to filter these search results by e.g. board. Same applies to search results in general.
We recently introduced the Ask a question board for new users who are not sure where to post. Staff members will move posts from this board to there proper destinations. We're also planning to enable some of the more tenured forum users to do that.
Tip: If you don't find your post back you can find them through the profile menu (see Profile below).
There's also a widget on the landing page helping you to find the most popular and recent topics as well as answered questions (more for new users).
On this new forum we have the opportunity to grant you badges for your contributions on the forum. At launch we introduced the Expert badges. These are granted for users contributing on a specific board, e.g. Rider or Multi-Sports. More will come later to "gamify" the forum and make it more fun .
This is a standard widget on InSided forums. While the statistics may not be very interesting, you might find it handy to see who's online (the last 10). From here you can also share stuff from the forum in other social media.
You can access different parts of your profile from the menu, e.g. the Inbox for your private messages and the topics you've posted. Here you can also see and find back the solutions you've provided.
You can find announcements of e.g. new software releases on the boards where your device is discussed.
As mentioned, we've been working hard to establish, prioritise and maintain a list of features and functionalities we'd like to have on this forum. The whole list is very long and also includes stuff for the backend we use to analyse and moderate the forum so I'll include here a few of the most significant ones (each consists of multiple items). Unfortunately, I don't have any ETAs for these to provide you, but I'll do my best to keep this list up-to-date and give ETAs if/when possible.
- More BBcode support: e.g. fonts, colours, spoiler tag, signatures
- Status: Strike though () and spoiler ( ) tags are now available
- Status 2: You can now change the colour of the text as well ().
- Posting links: Currently links can only be posted with a BBcode tag.
- Status: You can now post links on the forum as well as in private messages
- Unread post status: Better visibility and management of read status of posts on board and topic level (e.g. jump to first unread post, view number of unread posts on topic/board, overview)
- Status: When logged in the number of new (unread) posts since registration are now shown on board and topic level. There's a setting for this in the profile settings. Also the green/gray bubbles reflect the (un)read topics on a board. These counters can be reset with the Mark (this) forum read button in the bottom.
- Status 2: New topics and topics with new comments are now shown in bold.
- Edit posts: Allow users to edit their posts and subject titles any time (instead of the current 60 minutes)
- Show device model on posts (from profile settings)
- Status: The products fields from your profile page are now shown below your username on each post
- Full text editor
- Search: Advanced search, search per category/board, user search
- Subscribe to boards: Get email/pop up notification updates on new topics started
- Mobile version lacking in features: The mobile version is currently lacking in some features, e.g. navigation and post editing.
- Status: We have requested InSided to provide these features and this is in their backlog. Meanwhile, you can use the desktop view (post editing still won't work).
- Update: Private messaging now works in the mobile version as well
- Update 2: New topics/comments are now shown on mobile as well
- Update 3: Page navigation buttons are now also on top of the comments
As always your feedback is very welcome!