Private Messages — TomTom Community

Private Messages

MadboyMadboy Posts: 1,785 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
1. I cant get private messages on the Mobile Phone
2. It took me ages to find out how to reply to a private message in a normal PC Browser, there is no reply button. You have to click on the message and then a box pops up down the bottom! Really? Madness
3. There is no "outbox" to show what messages have been sent, once again you have to click on the Private message and look through! Once again "Really"?
4. Complete and utter shambles, clicking on a link laid down by someone else months ago brings up "this page can not be displayed"!
5. On your mobile phone the buttons are out of alignment when trying to "click" on them.
6. I am now ranting for the sake of ranting! Lol

Comments

• AndiAndiAndiAndi Posts: 11,281
    Superusers
    Only being able to read PMs in desktop view on a mobile is a big issue.
    For me I like the PMs being sorted after names. This makes it much easier to take up a conversation and to find the received and sended PMs in a correct timeline. I like this.
    What I am missing is not being able to see wether a PM has been read or not and I am not able to insert images.(especially when you are helping a forum member with an issue containing private/sensitive informations).

When you are getting email notifications (for a new PM or an answer to a subscribed thread) there is no option for a preview of the content anymore. This was extremely helpful.

Cheers
    Andi
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Madboy,

Thanks for your feedback!

The mobile version is indeed still somewhat short in features. We have a backlog list for InSided to work on in the coming weeks and months and the things you mentioned are on it :D

Some things work quite differently on the new forum. While we're still optimising them some, such as the threaded PM view, are actually quite handy when you learn to use them. There probably could be some more customisation to it and we'll get to that in due time :D

Also please, see the known issues post.

@ Andi: Message preview is also in the backlog :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi all,

Private messages are now working also on the mobile version :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • MadboyMadboy Posts: 1,785 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks Mikko. Now to resolve the issue of always been logged out on the mobile version!
    Madboy wrote:
    Thanks Mikko. Now to resolve the issue of always been logged out on the mobile version!

We haven't been able to reproduce that. Can you clear your browser cache and cookies and try again?

Cheers, Mikko