New Forum ?? — TomTom Community

New Forum ??

james_rjames_r Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
Perhaps I am used to the normal style of a forum where one see the main page of the forum and then drill down to the section required, but with this forum I cannot see the full discussions nor replies easily. It is too time consuming for me to consider that it will be effective forum for me to get information, which is a great pity.
Space is wasted on the first page by dedicated 1/3rd of the page to welcoming me to the new forum.

I also have another question but I cannot find the correct place to post.
I can log in to this forum, but I cannot log in to www.tomtomforums.com it says user name and email address not but it was the forum that I thought I used before. What are the differences, Why 2, etc

Also the bottom of the page says View mobile Version English , yes I select the languages English, German and French, but what else.

Best Wishes
Jim

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jim,

Thanks again for your feedback!

For finding information I'd recommend you to do some searches from the main page of on a board level. You could also try the Answers button on the main page. This currently only lists questions answered since the launch of the new forum. We need still need to run a script to include the solutions from the old forum as well.

TomTomForums is a third party forum so you'll need separate login details for it.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your last question. The links in the bottom are to change to mobile view and to change to the German and French forums.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions/comments.

Cheers, Mikko
  • james_rjames_r Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    THanks for the prompt reply.
    MikkoK wrote:

For finding information I'd recommend you to do some searches from the main page of on a board level. You could also try the Answers button on the main page.
    I can do searches but I do not see the board level, if that means sections.
    I will try the Answers button again but from previous attempts I was not very successful, asking the wrong questions or not enough because the forums is new.
    TomTomForums is a third party forum so you'll need separate login details for it.
    That clears that point, Thanks
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand your last question. The links in the bottom are to change to mobile view and to change to the German and French forums.
    you answered my poorly worded question.

Thanks
    Jim R
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jim,

The Recent topics and Help others results are indeed currently forum wide. We're working on improving this feature. There are links to solutions and open questions on each board that will show results from that board only.

Don't worry, there are no wrong questions ;) Should you post into a completely wrong board, I can move your post. No problem there. We also have many helpful and knowledgeable users around who can direct you to correct boards, if needed.

Cheers, Mikko
  • lisaolsonlisaolson Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah I do agree with you james. I came here with a thought that there is new forum starting somewhere.