Topic subscriptions lost — TomTom Community

Topic subscriptions lost

mauromolmauromol Posts: 81 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
It seems like old topic subscriptions have been lost. I was not receiving mail notifications during the last weeks and now I discovered why: the forum changed completely. However now I won't receive any notification on the interesting threads any more, unless I can find all of them again :-(
The old links do not work either: clicking on an old subscription update link does not lead me to the corresponding message.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi mauromol,

That is, unfortunately, correct. The new forum works slightly differently in this regard and the old subscriptions could not be migrated. On the new forum you'll get notifications of all the topics you post on as they're automatically added to your Favorites. You can subscribe to other topics by adding them to your Favorites.

Last weekend InSided was still running some re-indexing scripts and some links might indeed have not been working when all the content wasn't re-indexed yet. This should now be all solved. If you see any such issues, please let me know.

Cheers, Mikko
  • mauromolmauromol Posts: 81 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi MikkoK, thanks for your feedback. That's unfortunate, indeed :-(

By the way, some links from the old forum still don't work. Here are some examples:
    1. https://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Map-installation/compatibility-with-linux-Desktop/m-p/756027/highlight/false#M17649
    2. http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-and-START-40-50-60-series-GO/New-software-update-v14-600-available-for-download-in-MyDrive/m-p/971827#M21815
    3. http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Map-quality/Map-Share-Reporter-suggestions-for-improvement/m-p/958804#M8712
    The first one was a link I bookmarked, the second and third ones are links from old subscription update notifications.
    Hi mauromol,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'll report these to Insided for further investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • GiangiGiangi Posts: 585 [Exalted Navigator]
    OMG... I have lost all the subscriptions and favorites too...
    Why didn't you advise everybody BEFORE the change???
    BTW: this Platform is really ugly... quite worste than the previous one... :( Why didn't you just used one of the most used and common Platform like phpBB???????
    Hi Giangi,

Good to see you back here! :D

As mentioned above, unfortunately the private content could not be migrated :( There was a note on the forum a week before the launch of the new forum.

Choosing the platform was a long process. We did a lot of research on different options and InSided came out as the winner, all things considered. We had to also consider many things having to do with our work regarding e.g. analysis and other things not visible to the forum users. As mentioned before, we're committed to making this every bit as awesome a forum as it ever was, and beyond :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • GiangiGiangi Posts: 585 [Exalted Navigator]
    ...a week before????? Come on!!! You are sendind commercial emails to every owner and didn't sent a small notice by email?? It was too "expensive"?
    Didn't you thought that not everybody can connect everyday? At least I speak for myself: my work is not coming here every days!! But with an email I for sure were able to find an hour to save something in pdf... :(

Bad work, sorry to say that but this was really a bad work.