'New posts' icon doesn't work properly sometimes — TomTom Community

'New posts' icon doesn't work properly sometimes

MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,055
Superusers
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
I assume that the icon in front of the topic title is green when there are unread posts, and grey if there are no unread posts. If so, it's not behaving properly at all times. For example, when I replied to a post and go back to the topic overview, the icon is still green (see screenshot below). Even when refreshing the overview by pressing F5 doesn't turn the icon to grey.

To turn the icon grey, I have to open the particular topic (and see I'm indeed the latest one that replied), go back and press F5 again. Now, the icon is grey.

unread_posts_new_forum.png

Comments

• WillCWWillCW Posts: 584 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I am not at all sure your icon colour assumption is correct. Just as in the previous site this new site fails to give intuitive icon flags. The standard method in forums is for a post that has been read changes from black to grey -- as TT used to do but do not do now. So we have to remember if we have read each post in various forums. Great work (not) TT. Come on TomTom get it sorted.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Megalos,

Thanks for your feedback!

I have noticed the same and reported it to the forum provider for investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,055
    Superusers
    Thanks Mikko.
  • GiangiGiangi Posts: 585 [Exalted Navigator]
    Me too cannot "always" mark a "forum read", sometimes it works and sometimes not...