What is the point of.... — TomTom Community

What is the point of....

MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
..... The "My Post contains a Question" tick box?

I'd rather just type a ?-mark. Sometimes I am posting a Question, sometimes a Statement.
It's just a nuisance to have to remember to tick/un-tick a box.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Mike,

On the new forum you can indeed choose whether your post is a question (and can be marked as solved) or not. As most people post here to ask questions, that's the default setting.

Should you forget to untick the box when posting a statement, please send me a PM and I can change it for you. In future users can change this themselves.

Cheers, Mikko
  • 1of7501of750 Posts: 1,241 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    MikeJames wrote:

I'd rather just type a ?-mark. Sometimes I am posting a Question, sometimes a Statement.
    I too would prefer to just use the standard method of typing.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    1of750 wrote:
    MikeJames wrote:

I too would prefer to just use the standard method of typing.

That would indeed probably be handy. But statements can include (rhetorical) questions too, right? So have a question mark in text tricker question status for the topic could lead to even more confusion than now.

I think the current system work pretty good. I do occasionally mark topics as questions when they clearly are that - but not marked by the poster - but quite rarely the other way around. But either way, it can be done and not very big deal in my opinion.

But suggestions are always welcome and with this new forum we have much more opportunities to have things work the way we want :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • iwestwood390iwestwood390 Posts: 193 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Well at least we don`t have to go tick some box like general or whatever b4 posting, well I didn`t anyway