Too much scrolling needed in mobile site — TomTom Community

Too much scrolling needed in mobile site

DaffDaff Posts: 127 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
When checking new messages in a topic with many replies they are shown in increasing date order, oldest first. Is there a way to jump directly to the newest messages? On my phone I have to painfully swipe scroll all the way to the bottom of the first screenful, which is about 20 swipes, then select the 'last page' button, then scroll painfully all the way to the bottom of that page to see the newest messages. Its so cumbersome that it hardly seems worth the effort. I don't remember having this problem in the old mobile site. Maybe the pages were shorter or maybe it had the prev/next/first/last page buttons duplicated at the top of the page as well as the bottom?

Am I missing some way to do this? I was hoping to find a setting that would show the messages in reverse time order but I can't find that.

Steve

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Daff,

Thanks for your feedback!

On the desktop version you can order comments to oldest/newest first from up right of the first comment. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible in the mobile version. Other navigation options are also currently missing in the mobile version.

We have a backlog list of improvements to work on in the near future and I will add these items to it. Please, let me know if you have any further questions/comments.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    Revisiting the issue of displaying comments in Oldest/Newest first order, my proposal had been that for any Subscribed topic the display would default to the newest comment first and that other topics would continue to default to display the oldest comment first. My request now is that the supplier developers be approached and asked whether such a treatment is possible at a modest and affordable cost and then, if so, all forum users be asked to respond and to comment on whether such a change would be welcomed.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

Sorry for my late reply!

As mentioned, this has been forwarded to InSided already. I'm not aware of their schedule regarding this particular feature. Meanwhile, on the mobile version I'd recommend using the navigation buttons on the top (after OP) and button of the topic. There's a quick link to the end of the topic to reach the latest comment quickly.

Cheers, Mikko