sync without deskdock on android 4.1.3

CarolinaACarolinaA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 23 in Archived Discussions
Hi,

I have a new tomtom multisport cardio. I have set up a tomtom mysports account as well as a MapMyfitness account (since it is currently impossible to sign up for a mysports account without linking a MapMyfitness account first).

I also have an endomondo account and app. I have a samsung galaxy s3 mini with android 4.1.3 and unfortunately there is no compatible tomtom mysports app. So every time I go out for a run I have to sync my watch using the desktop cable. I was wondering if there is any other way I could pair my watch with my phone to sync, charge and perform the gps fix...Or at least some way to link the watch to my laptop (OS X 10.7.5) without the cable...Also, is Tomtom planning on developing mysports app for other android versions? Thank you very much in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,451 Superusers
    CarolinaA wrote:

Hi,

I have a new tomtom multisport cardio. I have set up a tomtom mysports account as well as a MapMyfitness account (since it is currently impossible to sign up for a mysports account without linking a MapMyfitness account first).

I also have an endomondo account and app. I have a samsung galaxy s3 mini with android 4.1.3 and unfortunately there is no compatible tomtom mysports app. So every time I go out for a run I have to sync my watch using the desktop cable. I was wondering if there is any other way I could pair my watch with my phone to sync, charge and perform the gps fix...Or at least some way to link the watch to my laptop (OS X 10.7.5) without the cable...Also, is Tomtom planning on developing mysports app for other android versions? Thank you very much in advance.
    The reason you cannot use the Android app is because you are using Android 4.1.3 which does not include Bluetooth LE.  This is only in Android 4.3 or higher.  Can you upgrade the Android version on your phone?  There is no way for TomTom to develop other apps because earlier versions are missing the only way for the watch to communicate with the phone, which is Bluetooth LE.  There is no way other than the USB cable to connect to a computer (even with Bluetooth on your machine it is not likely BT LE).
  • SathorSathor Posts: 549 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    And it is not available for ALL phones with the right android version, I am still waiting to be able to test it myself on my new phone, but can't. (But I can use the HRM from the watch on the Strava app now, so that is promising...)
  • CarolinaACarolinaA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you. I guess I was expecting something like this, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Will look into update the android version on my phone. Thanks again.
  • lemosigorlemosigor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My smartphone (Samsung Grand 2) runs Android 4.3 and I cant use de TomTom Mysport App. It is really disappointing that only a few models are able to install and use the app.
  • mvlmvl Posts: 3,150 Superusers
    The Oct 12 post in the thread below outlined an unsupported way to install the app on noncompatible devices.

[url=http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/MySports-Connect/TomTom-MySports-App-for-Android-released/td-p/868029"; target="_blank]http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/MySports-Connect/TomTom-MySports-App-for-Android-released/td-p/868029[/url]

I haven't tried myself as my phone is compatible.
  • CarolinaACarolinaA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you mvl, I've tried that, but I guess you still have to have android 3. It is probably a solution for phones that are compatible but weren't tested so far by tomtom.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online105

16Hans
16Hans
adamvfr
adamvfr
Bembo
Bembo
biker_62
biker_62
Elchdoktor