TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Running cadence not posting to Strava

digi57digi57 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Archived Discussions
Does anyone have their running cadence showing up in Strava? It posts to MySports but when I look at Strava, cadence is missing. All my Garmin friends have their cadence on the chart. Am I missing a setting for just the Tomtom/Strava interface is lacking the ability to do so?

Comments

• Segg23Segg23 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've seen the same problem so far.... 
  • graham_rgraham_r Posts: 275 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Average cadence comes from the watch and was only recently added to the mysports website - As far as i know it doesn't sync to anywhere else unfortunately.
  • Filip86Filip86 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I can still not see the cadence on strava. Is it supposed to be so? 
  • rosstrosst Posts: 38 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi. I don't think the cadence does import to strava, at least it's never shown up for me. Maybe it does for strava premium? You could try importing a .fit file to garmin connect?

Ross
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    for some reason tomtom watches only outputs average running cadence to mysports website (as far as I know of) not sure it records this data real time... I mean the watch doesn t even SHOW the data real time...

not that it matters too much to me since I find it very difficult to change my running pace (I guess other users might disagree) but AVERAGE running cadence?! now that's really useless...
    Yep, like i posted in june - looks like its just an average that appears online once the file is processed by mysports - clearly there is something in the initial file they are using to process it, but who knows.

i find if i do a steady-state run on a treadmill it works, but then i dont start my watch until after my warmup.
  • tommy-dktommy-dk Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Cadance work fin om endomondo apps but not endomondo website :-/ also the cardance is show en dubbel. Eksable. 186 pr. Km and not 93
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,531 Superusers
    digi57 wrote:

Does anyone have their running cadence showing up in Strava? It posts to MySports but when I look at Strava, cadence is missing. All my Garmin friends have their cadence on the chart. Am I missing a setting for just the Tomtom/Strava interface is lacking the ability to do so?
    I do not even see a place in Strava for it to be shown.  There is no place where it shows cadence as 0, cadence is simply not there for me or for anyone I follow (even those using Garmin watches).  The chart just shows Pace, GAP and HR.  Are you sure your friends have it in Strava?  Perhaps they have premium memberships?
    It doesn't show up if its not in the dataset.

Here is a public run where its listed as a toggle :)

http://www.strava.com/activities/34981391
  • TomWWTomWW Posts: 227 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I do not see cadence in Strava either. 

Not to hijack this thread, but since we're talking about Strava -- does anyone else have the problem of not being able to move the cursor to the last 15% of the data graph?  If I place the cursor in the graph, I get a cool vertical line (with corresponding blue dot on map) that shows me hr/pace/gap for that specific point.  I can move this from the beginning of the run (on the left) to the right BUT cursor stops before the end (on a 10 mile run, I can't move the cursor past the 8.5 mile mark...).   Ideas?

Also, I noticed Strava (or maybe it's a Google Maps thing) does not give elevation for bridges.  I ran on a bridge with a serious incline but I think Strava map showed no elevation increase and pretty much ocean level.
    TomWW wrote:

Not to hijack this thread, but since we're talking about Strava -- does anyone else have the problem of not being able to move the cursor to the last 15% of the data graph?  If I place the cursor in the graph, I get a cool vertical line (with corresponding blue dot on map) that shows me hr/pace/gap for that specific point.  I can move this from the beginning of the run (on the left) to the right BUT cursor stops before the end (on a 10 mile run, I can't move the cursor past the 8.5 mile mark...).   Ideas?

Also, I noticed Strava (or maybe it's a Google Maps thing) does not give elevation for bridges.  I ran on a bridge with a serious incline but I think Strava map showed no elevation increase and pretty much ocean level.
    RE the strava stuff - cadence doesn't come from the tomtom watch, i've only seen it for people with a watch/footpod combo

The graphing issue sounds like a browser issue - i would try a different browser to see if its the same, works here for me on IE and chrome.

the elevation on a bridge is a known issue. GPS based altitude goes off the "land" so a bridge is at sea level. if you have the watch with altimeter you can force a recalculation, but it may not work if your watch doesn't have the altimeter

see here for more info: [url=https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/20965883-Elevation-for-Your-Activity ]https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/20965883-Elevation-for-Your-Activity [/url]
    RE the strava stuff - cadence doesn't come from the tomtom watch, i've only seen it for people with a watch/footpod combo

The graphing issue sounds like a browser issue - i would try a different browser to see if its the same, works here for me on IE and chrome.

the elevation on a bridge is a known issue. GPS based altitude goes off the "land" so a bridge is at sea level. if you have the watch with altimeter you can force a recalculation, but it may not work if your watch doesn't have the altimeter

see here for more info: [url=https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/20965883-Elevation-for-Your-Activity ]https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/20965883-Elevation-for-Your-Activity [/url]
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,531 Superusers
    TomWW wrote:

You will not get elevation for bridges or any other man made structure on any site.  GPS points are all taken on the surface of the Earth, so if you go over  a bridge you will actually see a decline in elevation since while you are going over the bridge the corresponding GPS point is somewhere below you.  The exception would be a unit with a built-in altimeter, as that is not using GPS elevation during the activity.
  • alteraaltera Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The watch does track the cadence on a per data point basis. I don't know why TomTom doesn't export the data but it's there. I've written a tool so you can see and export to tcx files your cadence for running activities.

https://github.com/altera2015/ttwatcher
  • thommo101thommo101 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Given that cadence information during the run is stored within the .ttbin files, is there any chance in the future that the cadence information could be exported to Strava also?

Also, nice job on the parsing tool altera!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online25

ExHippy
ExHippy
+24 Guests