FAQ - Tyre Pro installation/activation

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi cbownman70,

As advised in the FAQ you're replying to, if you didn't get it with the device, please contact Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    Hi

Found this comment on the TYRE Web site.....

Tyre & TomTom Rider 2014
    We heard from users that the Tyre pro version is not activated anymore after the last TomTom Rider update. We discussed this with TomTom and they are currently working hard on a solution. Have a look to see if the solution on our support page is sufficient. If that solution is not sufficient, you can contact us and we will solve it!

Link to the Tyre Web page (Scroll down the page for more info) Click here

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Thanks for the headsup! I'll forward this to the relevant department at our end to see if we need to amend our processes.

Cheers, Mikko
  • RobZelfRobZelf Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm a 100% Apple user and recent owner of the Rider 400 satnav. I have two questions:
    1) how do I get hold of the Tyre App?
    2) How do I purchase maps? (I need USA and Australia for trips I'm planning later on this year)
    RobZelf wrote:
    Hi all, I'm a 100% Apple user and recent owner of the Rider 400 satnav. I have two questions:
    2) How do I purchase maps? (I need USA and Australia for trips I'm planning later on this year)

You will receive an email with further instructions after you've registered your new device to a TomTom account. There's currently no device registered on your TomTom account. For further troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ [MyDrive troubleshooting tips].

For purchasing maps, please see

How can I buy new maps for my device?

Cheers, Mikko
  • ncezarusncezarus Posts: 2
    MikkoK wrote:
    RobZelf wrote:

You will receive an email with further instructions after you've registered your new device to a TomTom account. There's currently no device registered on your TomTom account. For further troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ [MyDrive troubleshooting tips].
    Mikko
    Hi,
    Just registered to TOMTOM with my new Rider 400 and I did not receive any emails. Another weird thing is that I own also a Go 500 and I wonder why should I make another email address to register the second device.
    My question is, how long it will take to receive the email with the TyrePro instructions?

Thanks in advance
    Cezar
    Hi Cezar,

Unfortunately, the process is not quite up to speed yet so please allow us a few days to sort this out for you. Your device registration seems in order so just sit back, you'll get the email :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • ncezarusncezarus Posts: 2
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Can I ask also why is needed separate email accounts for each device I own?

Cheers
    RobZelf wrote:
    Hi
    @ RobZelf

If you are a 100% Apple user can you even run Tyre to Travel
    Quote from the Tyre Web Site Q&A Help file

Answer
    We have lots of plans to port Tyre to other platforms. But since we are just a small company, it will take some time to realize them.
    For the time being, you might consider installing a Windows emulator (like WINE, a piece of free software) on your Mac or Linux/Ubuntu computer. It will create a Windows environment on your computer. You can use that environment to run Tyre.

ATB YFM

I bought my Rider 400 last week, i.e. May 2015 and it didn't come with Tyre, so MikkoK is incorrect that it ships with the product since 2014. And Mikkok, why should we all have to go to the trouble of contacting customer services when the product is advertised with this facitlity? It should be up to YOU to redress the problem without us going to any trouble. Also, I have followed every internet instruction I can find on how to get it to connect to my Windows 8.1 laptop and it won't. I have had the head of our IT company try and help too. I can get it to connect to my iMAc, but it only half works. In MyDrive when you send a place to the device it doesn't get there. And guess what, Tyre is not compatible with Macs. Mikkok, it's a lot of money for such a badly supported product. And, last thing, there are not even basic fitting instructions with the bike mounted docks. Useless!
  • JTTRIUMPHJTTRIUMPH Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    Hi,
    I recently bought Tom Tom Rider 400, registered device and went to Tom Tom website to use the coupon code for Tyre Pro. Having entered the coupon code and my details I tried to download the software to my computer but was unable to. It has though registered the code and will no longer allow me to try again and enter the code
    Ideas please?
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    MHGLOS wrote:
    I bought my Rider 400 last week, i.e. May 2015 and it didn't come with Tyre, so MikkoK is incorrect that it ships with the product since 2014. And Mikkok, why should we all have to go to the trouble of contacting customer services when the product is advertised with this facitlity? It should be up to YOU to redress the problem without us going to any trouble. Also, I have followed every internet instruction I can find on how to get it to connect to my Windows 8.1 laptop and it won't. I have had the head of our IT company try and help too. I can get it to connect to my iMAc, but it only half works. In MyDrive when you send a place to the device it doesn't get there. And guess what, Tyre is not compatible with Macs. Mikkok, it's a lot of money for such a badly supported product. And, last thing, there are not even basic fitting instructions with the bike mounted docks. Useless!

Hi,

I have checked your account and it seems you have now linked your Rider to your account. From this point you should receive an email with your activation code.
    JTTRIUMPH wrote:
    Hi,
    I recently bought Tom Tom Rider 400, registered device and went to Tom Tom website to use the coupon code for Tyre Pro. Having entered the coupon code and my details I tried to download the software to my computer but was unable to. It has though registered the code and will no longer allow me to try again and enter the code
    Ideas please?

I think for this I would suggest checking with TYRE support. Do let me know if you don't have any success though.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • MHGLOSMHGLOS Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you Chris. There was a coupon code on the email and I missed it. Apologies. I just clicked on the link and then found that there wasn't a Mac version.

But you haven't bothered to answer my points anyway:

1. Re Macs, I have looked at WINE (mentioned above on this thread but not by you) and I think you need to be a software developer to use it: here is an extract:

"Wine allows OS X users to run Windows applications. (Note: this listing is for the official release of Wine, which only provides source code. If you want a version of Wine that is packaged specifically for OS X, then use Winebottler, available here.) Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, OS X, and BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine more... "

So not much good to an idiot like me.

2. Why does MYDrive not send places (or routes) to the TomTom 400 unit, as it should?

3. Why will MyConnect not work on Windows 8.1? And Yes, I have done everything suggested on every answer to this.

So although TomTom 400 is advertised with these attractive features of route planning on your computer and downloading to the unit, nothing works on Windows 8.1 and the Mac version doesn't download to the unit.

Tyre is therefore also unusable.

Obviously TomTom should warn people that these facilities will not be available to them if they have the wrong Windows version or if they have a Mac. By the way, of the 5 people I know who ride bikes, 4 are Mac users.
  • johngilmartin_un37johngilmartin_un37 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I would just like to add that I bought the 400 premium pack specifically to use the Tyre Pro software and plan my upcoming European trip. I was astonished to find out this morning, upon activating my code, that it did not support Macs. Really ? A premium product that is not available to millions of people worldwide....

I did download the "Wine" software (even although I had plenty of warnings from the mac not to) and even then, I still had to download another piece of third party software "XQuartz" to make that work apparently. May I add, at this point I am now getting way beyond my IT skills and knowledge.....

Somehow, and I am not really sure how, I have opened the Tyre Pro software with what looks like a Windows interface. It has already started giving me numerous pop-up warnings and it certainly does not seem, on first look, as though it works.

It really shouldn't be this difficult, should it ?

If anybody has any suggestions or help, please let me know !
  • DaveGoochDaveGooch Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    My issue is a little different. I ordered my Rider 400 Premium Pack direct from TomTom, and it arrived today. I have connected the device to my PC, I have downloaded MyDrive Connect and registered a different account as I can't the same one as for my Rider Pro.
    For some reason, my PC - Windows 7 Home Premium - sees the TomTom as a Network Adaptor and not a Drive, so I cannot get to any exe file for Tyre - Pro or otherwise.
    The TomTom is connected, and I have downloaded the latest maps etc - or so it tells me.
    Will I still get an email with an activation code, and if so how do I use it?

Thanks
    Hi

The early Tomtoms NAV1 & 2 use "Tomtom Home" and is based on the PC filing system
    The later NAV3 and the latests NAV4 use "MyDrtive Connect" and is based on a secure Network system
    you can only access the system through "MyDrive Connect"... and the Route planner, POI/Myplaces loader called "MyDrive" (Tomtom's Cloud)

ATB YFM

I've got MyDrive Connect, and I have my TomTom 400 linked to it. My questions is about accessing TyrePro - will I still be able to do that? Or am I misunderstanding something - which is quite possible!?
    Hi

Tomtom : Tyre FAQ
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/faq-tyre-pro-installationactivation-800901?postid=800901

Tomtom Rider 400 Update 15.302
    Easy route upload: Click on Show content
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/new-software-v15302-for-rider-40400-devices-available-for-download-mydrive-connect-986626?postid=1013596

Tyre Version 6.44 (build 1):
    This is an update with serious improvements.
    A new TomTom Rider model is available (Rider 40/400). We have been working hard to make Tyre
    communicate with this new model.
    Communication is partially done using the TomTom Cloud via the MyDrive program. That means that
    you need a TomTom account. Tyre will help you to create one, if you have a Rider 40/400 and you don't
    have such an account.
    It also means that Tyre will not copy files and other data to the Rider 40/400 directly it will copy the
    files and the data to the cloud, and your device will recieve them from there.
    So, it is important that your device is connected to the TomTom cloud service properly using the same
    TomTom account that you use when working with Tyre.
    For another part communication is done directly, by copying files to a part of the device that is
    accessible when you tap the 'Import routes' button.
    That button is not available from older TomTom software. Therefore make sure that the software on
    your Rider 40/400 is up to date. You can use the MyDrive program to do that.
    The Drag&Drop window has a checkbox now: checking it will close the window en prevent re-opening it
    on minimizing the Tyre main window.
    If you want to use it again, toggle the speed button on the button bar from the main window.
    There was a small bug in adding new favorites. It must have been there for ages, but it came up recently
    Thanks, Robin! We have fixed the bug.
    There were some problems in exporting a road book to a file in CSV format. Those problems are gone
    now.
    Some improvements are still on our list, but we did not want to wait in publishing this version, because
    of the first mentioned item.
    Version 6.44 (build 2):
    We have improved copying routes to the new Rider 40/400. Instead of just copying a track, it is now
    possible to select the format that you want to use for copying the route to your device: waypoints, track,
    or both.
    We recommend to select both, because in some cases the Rider 40/400 refuses to calculate a route
    using a track.
    If your TomTom Rider 40/400 is not able to exchange files, you get a warning. Until now that warning
    always came with an English image.
    We have added other images as well, and most users will see an image in their own languages.
    It seems that we finally succeeded in reading waypoints from the new Google Maps format. Enjoy!
    If you still encouter errors, please let us know, and send us the Google Maps link that is unwilling to
    reveal its secrets...
    A new file type is supported for opening and saving: CoPilot *.trp files.
    Checking the Java installation on your computer could cause some strange effects. Since Tyre accepts
    both the 32 bits and the 64 bits versions of Java, we have simplified the function to check the Java
    installation.
    There is an improvement for routes that are sent to your iPhone by email. The email subject name will
    contain the route name instead of just 'Tyre'
    There is only one exception if your route does not have a name yet, the email subject will still be 'Tyre'

ATB YFM

The first link you have given is to THIS discussion.
    I've looked at the second link, and I see some people have had similar issues where their TomTom is not showing as a drive.
    Am I right in thinking I just go to the Tyre website, download their software and then I need an activation code for the Pro version?
    If that is the case, am I going to be send the activation code automatically as a result of having registered my device on this account, or do I have to ask someone for it? Or am I missing something completely?

Thanks again

Dave
  • DaveGoochDaveGooch Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    OK, my issue has been resolved - email received this morning with link and activation code - maybe I was being a little impatient!
    I apologise unreservedly, and repeat my thanks to YFM for prompt responses.

Dave
    Dave Gooch wrote:
    OK, my issue has been resolved - email received this morning with link and activation code - maybe I was being a little impatient!
    I apologise unreservedly, and repeat my thanks to YFM for prompt responses.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

For more advise on using Tyre, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • raulirauli Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hello MikkoK, hoi,

I also purchased TT Rider because of the TyrePro software, but I'm having the same problems with Tyre as other people here. My installed version is the basic, NOThappy. Can you PLEASE advice me on wow can I get an activation voucher or a license number for Tyre Pro Lifetime so that i do not need to worry anymore?
    THANK YOU in advance for your help.
    Hi

After you have registered your Rider 400 with Tomtom, you will receive an email with your activation code
    Or contact Support.....
    Phone 0988 625 003
    Maanantaista - Perjantaihin: 11:00 - 18:00

ATB YFM

Will sure call them tomorrow.
    Anyway my TomTom is the RIDER v5, and the box does have a sticker telling "with TYREPRO" but I cannot see the PRO version installed, only Basic...
  • JknevelJknevel Posts: 1
    Dear TomTom,

I bought and registrated my TomTom Rider 40 2 days ago and I got the email telling me it was successfully linked and I would receive de Tyro Pro Download key within 24 hours yet I haven't got anything yet sadly...
    Could you check/see why this hasen't been? (it's not in spam)

Thanks in advance.