FAQ - Tyre Pro installation/activation

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 31 in RIDER
Hi all,

This FAQ intends to clarify the installation/activation procedure for Tyre Pro.

Who's entitled to it?

In March 2014 we began to ship TomTom Rider with an installation file for Tyre Pro. For TomTom Rider devices already on the shelves at the time we added a sticker to the box with a promotional code which can redeemed on the Tyre website (see below).

Customers who purchase TomTom Rider after January 1st 2014 can request a voucher for redeeming Tyre Pro from contact Customer Service.

The new Rider 40/400/410/420/450 owners will receive an email with further instructions after registering their device to a TomTom account. The video below also has instructions for this.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3MVtpX-YE[/video]

How to install/activate Tyre Pro?

If your device shipped with the installation file, you can find it by accessing the device through your computer. Double click the TyrePro.exe file to install it. Please note, that the Pro features are only available when you have our Rider connected to your computer to validate the license. With the Rider connected the program will run as Basic.

If you have a voucher code for redeeming Tyre Pro, please go to http://www.tyretotravel.com/tomtom

You will receive an email from Tyre with the activation code and instructions for using it. You can confirm that you have the Pro version by choosing Help - About. It should look like below:

892a9b02-f48c-4959-b710-3990a99ebf30.png

More information can be found at: http://www.tyretotravel.com/product/pro-lifetime-TomTom-rider/

Please note, that Tyre Pro is a third party software. There's a brief FAQ in the manual (page 38), but support for this software can be found at http://www.tyretotravel.com/
Tagged:

Comments

• PetitChtiPetitChti Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Not Really clear. Tyre was one of the key reason why I choose TomTom rider, as I wanted a GPS which drives me on the roads I have choosen!

I bought it in April this year and bought this month a small PC under windows 8.1 where I wanted to have Tyre.

I followed instuctions found in the box,found the exe file but when I want to install I get the message "You are not autorized to rune the installation

What's wrong?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi PetitChti,

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds to me like a permission issue. Try running the installation file as admin. For further assistance with the installation, please turn to TyreToTravel.

Cheers, Mikko
  • PetitChtiPetitChti Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I had this doubt, but I checked and the only account I created on this computer has administrator rights.

I tried on forum to see if someone else faced the same issue on windows 8.1 version

If no clue, I will download the version directly from Tyre and see if it works better

Thanks anyway, best regards
    Hi PetitChti,

I hope you'll get it sorted out! Please, post back here when you do to help others with similar issues.

Cheers, Mikko
  • parrstreetparrstreet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    on my rider it only has TyreSetup.exe and installs a basic Tyre even with my rider connected and installing as admistrator, cant get the Pro at all
    Hi parrstreet,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, check the FAQ above to ensure your entitled to the Pro version and how to get it. For installation issues, please turn to Tyre.

Cheers, Mikko
  • parrstreet99parrstreet99 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    as far as entitlement goes my rider arrived last week and the red sticker on the box says now with Tyre Pro?. sorry about the slight change of user but parrstreet was my old V2 Rider account, while parrstreet99 is my new Rider
    Hi parrsreet99,

Tyre can best help you with installation issues. You might of course also call Customer Service at

United Kingdom

0845 161 0009
    or 020 7387 5444
    Monday-Friday:
    9:00 am to 5:30 pm

Cheers, Mikko
    the problem with contacting Tyre is that my current TomTom instalation is only a basic version and you do not have access to Tyre support unless you have plus or pro installed? So I'll post what happens after I give tomtom cust support a call.
  • Shemsu-HorShemsu-Hor Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi All,

There still seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the Tyre software which comes with the TT Rider V5. The 'No Tyrepro with TomtomRider' thread answers most of the issues but a quick recap is as follows........

1. Your TT Rider V5 does NOT ship with TyrePro.exe, it ships with TyreSetup.exe

2. You MUST have your TT Rider connected to your computer when you use the software. If the software doesn't see a TT Rider connected it will ONLY run in BASIC mode. If the TT Rider is seen to be connected, it WILL run in PRO mode.

3. This is the way TomTom asked Tyre to implement the software for 'security' issues. Unfortunately, that information wasn't passed to all the TomTom employees on the forums or customer service departments. I had to find this out direct from Tyre who have now updated their website to state that the equipment MUST be connected.

I know, it doesn't help much but it does clear up the confusion.

Come on TomTom, sort this out so we don't have to have the equipment connected.

Ride Safe,

Bob
    even with my Rider connected I still only get the basic?
  • MOriderMOrider Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem. I only get Tyre basic when I do the setup.  I just got the unit today. The box it came in has the red sticker on the front that says now with Tyre PRO. It also says Tyre Pro on the back of the box.  It came with no coupon code or voucher that I can recognize on the box or inside.
  • TupacTupac Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    I have the same problem !!!!!
  • Shemsu-HorShemsu-Hor Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry guys, you also need to be connected to the internet so that Tyre can do it's checks. If it still doesn't work, best to raise a ticket with Tyre themselves to sort any installation issues.
    when you are only running basic tyre you can't raise a ticket your have to be running plus or pro to get any support?
    I was able to get the Tyre Pro finally. First I contacted Tomtom customer support by phone.  They emailed me a coupon code to use on the tyre web site. Tyre then emailed me a license number that I used in the Tyre basic program that turned it into Tyre Pro. Hope this helps. Btw you do not have to have the Tomtom connected to the computer for the program to run in the Pro mode after you have applied the license number. Before I had the license number it would only run in basic mode regardless of whether the Tomtom was connected or not. It now runs as Pro all the time.

Kevin
    Just had this reply from TomTom and it's a load of Bull

"The box says Tyre Pro now included , It means this device supports the Pro service but is you wish to use it then you need purchase it as its a third party software."
    I would call them again and talk to someone else. Not sure where you are loacated but it was the U.S. number that I called.

Whoever gave you that answer is doing Tomtom a disservice as well as you.
    I called TT cust service again and got a very helpful and easy to understand operator this time who is contacting another dept to reissue an activation code. Hope all goes well and I'll keep you informed, Confidence is high
  • robmwrobmw Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Have another issue -

Firtsly:

installing Tyre Pro 6.4 did work with the software on my TTR (received it yesterday). But, directly Tyre came with an update (6.41), so I installed it. After trying to install the update and even with my TTR connected to the PC, I got the Basic (free) Tyre instead!

Secondly:

Because in your your threat (@MikkoK) You give us the link to Tyre http://www.tyretotravel.com/tomtom, but in my case this leads me to a page where it seams to let me buy the Tyre Pro package (!?), but I want to contact Tyre to get the license, which would cover the problem as I've read in this threat! This is not the easiest way to sort this out so ....

So, I emailed to TT Support and hope they (or at least through them) give me the license. Although Tyre is a third party, I personally find this not a handy thing of TT and Tyre.

Why not have the license included in the package or on TTR itself in a supported text-message?

This would keep the questions about this topic away!!

Cheers,

Rob
  • PolPol66PolPol66 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm still waiting for the voucher...

Dear all, after having received the tom tom rider as a Christmas gift, I'm still waiting to see my tyre to travel software running in Pro mode...

Considering my and other customer experience: installing tyre, having problems to run it in Pro mode, spending time to reinstall the sw, spending time to read on forums, spending time to ask for support, spending time to ..., considering that I received the voucher but tyre didn't accept it ("Coupon usage limit has been reached"), etc...

Considering all of that, my personal troubles apart, won't be easy to put a voucher inside the box????!!!

Ciao,

Paolo
    Hi Paolo,

I'm sorry to hear that!

I've requested Customer Care to provide you with an update on your case.

Cheers, Mikko
  • PolPol66PolPol66 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Finally I received the voucher and now my tyre is working properly!!!

Thank you

Paolo
  • I just purchased Rider and I'm having the same problems with Tyre as others in this thread. My installed version is the basic one so I'm not happy. How can I get an activation voucher for Tyre Pro?