Runner- Storage Full on my watch — TomTom Community

Runner- Storage Full on my watch

joebeyers99joebeyers99 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My watch stated Storage Full and will not function.  How do I fix it?  I only need it as a GPS running watch, not to track my workouts

Comments

• PhillgoodwinPhillgoodwin Posts: 45 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You do need to sync it to your pc as it will take off the detailed information that is stored on in and just leave a brief summary of each workout. That's why it's full up because it's storing all of the workout info. Also it's best to sync as it will update the satellite position info making it quicker to find a satellite. You only need to do this occasionally.
  • 06377jim06377jim Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem, used the watch 3 times, cannot use it any more as it reads "storage full".  Cannot clear it, pc will no longer recognize it either?  May have to return it as I cannot reset...   Any help?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,815
    Superusers
    Is the dock fully connected to the PC?  Try moving it to another USB port if it is not recognized.  Also make sure the COnnect software is running and up to date when you dock the watch.  If all else fails, you can try a hard reset.  Hold the down button as you put it into the dock and continue holding for about 10 seconds until the screen tells you it is doing a factory reset.  This will reboot the firmware.  Unfortunately you will lose the data on the watch but it may fix the problem.  Also make sure your dock is fully connected 
  • joebeyers99joebeyers99 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had to return my watch. WHAT A STUPID DESIGN!!!  The engineers or the prodcut marketing people should be fired. I bought a different brand.
  • danRadkedanRadke Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Poor design not to allow deletion of events in the watch itself.I run ubuntu and really don't want to bother booting WIndows just to sync my watch up.This really deserves fixing.
  • SathorSathor Posts: 549 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have windows in a VB JUST for this and the NIke watches. At least save state is useful. (Perhaps create a VM from the windows file, and slip that onto the ubuntu partition, then only run it for the syncs?)
  • OTBLUEOTBLUE Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Pity I am now reading these comments after I bought the watch, went for the simplicity of not having the strap to now having a much more complicated watch I cannot use. Like someone said before not being able to delete storage on the watch must have come up in the blue sky thinking to make this watch, did someone not turn the page over when?
    Superusers
    OTBLUE wrote:
    Pity I am now reading these comments after I bought the watch, went for the simplicity of not having the strap to now having a much more complicated watch I cannot use. Like someone said before not being able to delete storage on the watch must have come up in the blue sky thinking to make this watch, did someone not turn the page over when?

The packaging specifically stats a Windows or Mac computer is required for the watch so this should not have come as a surprise. Without any computer access you can never update the watch software or get the GPS data file which is needed for quick satellite acquisition. It also syncs the watch data at this time. I do not know any watches out there that offer any kind of feature set (including HR) that do not require syncing to a computer, so this is not out of the ordinary. If you are not going to analyse the data afterwards, why do you need a watch? You can get a Mio or other strap that gives active HR or sync a strap to a phone and use that. Do you not have access to a computer somewhere (friend, school, library, etc.) that you can install the Connect software and sync the watch on occasion?
  • xcskiskaterxcskiskater Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Try to learn and edit your pathetic comments: "stats" should be "states" you dumbfuck. And your condescending response is why I'm so critical of your response. Your product (since you OBVISIOULY work for this company) is SO out-of-touch and cannot respond with insightful help and improvements, just renders your pitiful attitude for what it is: you're a fuck, you have NO response, and I will be returning my product for FULL FUCKING RETURN PRICE, you pathetic pussy.

Michael
  • Sonny1Sonny1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The watch is a bloody nightmare cant sinc it for love nor money,history now full and cant delete it..
  • FuzzyJJFuzzyJJ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think it's really a design flaw that the watch stops displaying the actual measurements when the memory is full. I understand it can no longer store the data with memory full, but that does not prevent the watch from showing the actuals. Moreover I think it should be a user configurable option that the watch can erase the oldest activity in case of full memory if the user allows that.
    Best part of these suggestions above: this can all be done via software, so please Tomtom people: update the software!!!
  • Mahesh BedekarMahesh Bedekar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am using the tomtom music watch and since 01/08 my running data is mot stored in the watch is this because my watch memory is full I have even transferred my watch data to my iPhone do I need to delete my previous data please help
  • heatherKaeheatherKae Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My husband says that this makes no sense (he's a software developer), but moving the device to another USB port worked, even though the original port does work....make sure you try moving it to a new port before you give up.
  • jdillon2jdillon2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My tomtom storage is full, I have the Mydrive connect software. It will not recognize my tomtom. My computer makes a sound when its plugged in so I know its working but the software isnt recognizing my computer. I've followed all the tomtom support pages to try to get it to recognize my device with no luck. I bought it 2 years ago and tomtom support no longer offers support for the device. I tried to do a hard reset per support advice and it didnt work. The reset screen came up and then eventually the device turned on and the storage was still full. I have a 2 year old watch that wont run like a watch. So silly!!! DONT BUY A TOMTOM. I'm the only one in my running group with this brand and I see why now!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Hi jdillon2,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry for my late reply!

The MyDrive COnnect software is for the TomTom navigation devices.TomTom watches need the Sports Connect software to update the watch or upload the activities. You can see the user manual here to know more about it: Sports Connect

There is a link in the user manual to download the Sports Connect software on your PC. Once you install the software, connect your watch to the computer using the desk dock and perform a factory reset to get rid of the storage full error. Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard
  • jdillon2jdillon2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lampard,
    I feel so stupid! I downloaded the Sports Connect and was able to do a factory reset! Thank you so much!
  • SizweSizwe Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I want to delete the storage on my tomtom watch but i cannot please assist me how i go about do it as i cannot use to track my run
    Superusers
    Sizwe wrote: »
    I want to delete the storage on my tomtom watch but i cannot please assist me how i go about do it as i cannot use to track my run

You need to sync the data and it will clear the storage. The only other way is to do a factory reset (which will sync the data first anyway).