TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

TomTom Go 500 cannot find LG P920 (Android 4.0.4) via Bluetooth

reznorreznor Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 7 in Archived Discussions
Hello,

My new TomTom Go 500 cannot find my LG P920 Optimus 3d (with Android ICS 4.0.4) via Bluetooth. Individually the both devices work fine with other bluetooth devices, is this a known issue?

Thanks

Comments

• StefanStefan Posts: 6,090 Superusers
    Is bluetooth tethering turned on in conjunction with the mobile internet?

Also make sure to turn on into the phones settings menu by bluetooth that the phone is discoverable by other devices.

For more information, check the article on the TomTom Knowledge Base:

[url=https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17053/"; target="_blank]URL: How do I connect to TomTom services using my smartphone?[/url]
  • reznorreznor Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yes.

My TomTom Go 500 connects fine with a LG GT540 (Android 2.3.7), which is not even capable of PAN via bluetooth, but does not find nor show my LG P920.
  • StillgridlockedStillgridlocked Posts: 82 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    PhoneScoop doesn't show PAN as a feature for the LG Optimus 3D.  Granted thats for the US model which is discontinued.
    Well, I think PAN is a software feature and not hardware related. The LG Optimus 3D (P920) received an official update to Android 4.0.4, which supports PAN. "PhoneScoop" probably refers to the original Android 2.3.

Meanwhile I tested my TomTom Go 500 with a Samsung Galaxy S4, everything works fine. Just the LG P920 remains undetected...
  • Lupus1Lupus1 Posts: 4,457 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi,

I can tell you that LG disabled the bluetooth tethering (PAN) on quite some of their phones. Manually sending files via bluetooth is possible but that PAN-profile is just not available. I've got the same problem with my LG P990 Optimus Speed and a TT GO400. I called the LG support and they told me that LG generally removed bluetooth tethering in their Android 4.0.4 (ICS) version. So you'll need a custom rom / root access if you want to get the PAN profile on your LG P920.

Regards
    Lars.
    ____________________________________________________TT XLS LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)map/Europe_North 875.3613 TT Start 60 map/Europe 910.4964 TT GO 6000map/Europe 926.5515TT Runner Cardio watchTT Home 2.9.7.3256MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317MySports Connect 1.3.9Win8 64bit
    I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
  • StillgridlockedStillgridlocked Posts: 82 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    reznor wrote:
    Well, I think PAN is a software feature and not hardware related. The LG Optimus 3D (P920) received an official update to Android 4.0.4, which supports PAN. "PhoneScoop" probably refers to the original Android 2.3.

Meanwhile I tested my TomTom Go 500 with a Samsung Galaxy S4, everything works fine. Just the LG P920 remains undetected...
    I know that the system software has nothing to do with the inclusion of Bluetooth Pan.  Not all Androids have it regardless of what the version is.
    @Lupus1: Thanks! That's precise.

Today I received the Info that my provider (ALDI TALK 300 Germany) does not support Tethering for mobile Internet. So I will return my TomTom GO 500 this way or another...
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online94

DougLap
DougLap
fries
fries
GeorgeTenBrink
GeorgeTenBrink
kieron
kieron
NigelBean
NigelBean