Mazda 3 Venture with the Sanyo NVA-SD8110 Sat Nav - Multi-Info-Display Blank — TomTom Community

Mazda 3 Venture with the Sanyo NVA-SD8110 Sat Nav - Multi-Info-Display Blank

AndyD64AndyD64 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Would someone who owns a UK Mazda 3 Venture be good enough to confirm if I have an issue here please......

Basically I thnink (but am not certain) that when I took deleivery and first used the radio and CD player stuff was displayed on the top half of the Multi-Info-Display (above the heater control info) now nothing displayed other that 'hello and good By' ....

Have I managed to screw something up or is this the case on your car so ity's probably by design?

Any comments much appreciated

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum!

Your device should show a startup screen upon switching on. It is shown here [tomtom.com]. You can find some more information in the userguide of your device.

It sounds like there is some corrupt data on your device preventing it from starting up properly. Please, see this FAQ [Rebooting device] for instructions to format the memory card.

Cheers, Mikko
  • mrmateymrmatey Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same vehicle and I assume you mean the little display that shows fuel consumption/temperature etc...

If that is correct, then no, the Radio/CD stuff has never displayed in there.

It's really annoying and the whole issues I am having around the TomTom Unit are making me regret the purchase of this Mazda (My 3rd)
    Hi mmatey,<br><br>The audio and visual system is operated from the buttons on the side. Please see the user manual (see my previous post) page 94ff.<br><br>Cheers, Mikko
    Mikko,

I have no idea what you are on about, the question (and my response) has nothing to do with how to operate the unit....
    Hi mmatey,<br><br>My apologies if I misunderstood your question!<br><br>Would you mind elaborating on it a bit?<br><br>Cheers, Mikko
    Unless you drive a Mazda3 I don't think you will understand.

The question from the original poster was regarding the inbuilt display on the Mazda Dashboard
    Hi mrmatey,

It might be best to contact Customer Service about this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Thirkettle31Thirkettle31 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Mazda 3 where the GPS does not appear to be working.  It worked OK up until about 3 days ago and then turned itself off and on again and when it came on again the map location was different to where I actually was located.  The GPS signal does not appear to be picking up.  I have tried turning on and off again, tried restoring to factory settings and also have updated the SD memory card.  Nothing has worked so far....help!
    Hi Thirkettle31,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, follow the instructions at http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Built-in-car-navigation/FAQ-Rebooting-device/td-p/514536

Cheers, Mikko
    Well, eventually with the Sat Nav showing my car constantly stuck 40 miles north of Cromer in the North Sea, I managed to get Mazda to replace the unit.  Got to admit that Tom Tom Customer Services were excellent and Mazda pulled their fingers out to replace the unit.
    Hi Thirkettle31,<BR /><BR />I'm glad to hear your issue got a resolution! :)<BR /><BR />Cheers, Mikko
    Although the unit is indicating that hands free is enabled and that my bluetooth phone connection is working, the microphone does not appear to pick up voice or voice commands so I have to revert to using the phone rather than hands free.  This worked perfectly OK before the unit was replaced.  Any help gratefully received.  Also when I have reached my destination, the satnav doesn't now confrirm this by voice???
    Hi Thirkette31,

I'd suggest you remove the loopdir folder from the memory card as instructed here [support FAQ HOME doesn't recognise memory card]. It contains all the settings. Also remove the ppp folder from the memory card.

Cheers, Mikko
    Tried that and it didn't work.  Removed loopdir file but it reappeared on the memory card again after it had been re-installed in the car???  Couldn't find a ppp file on the disk.
    Hi Thirkettle31,

The loopdir folder is indeed recreated by the device once the memory card is entered. In addition to the settings this folder also makes the card readable for TomTm HOME.

Since your issue occurred after the unit was replaced, I'd recommend you to turn to your car dealer about it. I'd also recommend to check with the phone compatibility with the dealer as that is information we don't have.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you further!

Edit: Actually, the ppp folder is not relevant here. Sorry for that! What you could try is to re-install the phone connection settings with TomTom HOME. First see if they're offered in updates. If not, remove the file from Manage my Mazda and then search for updates again.

Cheers, Mikko
  • fred2448fred2448 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Mazda 3 Venture (Set 13). radio is displayed on the small screens everything is displayed on the Satnav Screen.

However I do have a problem with the TomTom Live Services that stopped working 5 weeks after buying the car.  Now two and a half weeks on and still no Live Services.  TomTom say they are working on it but do not feedback any info.  i.e. server at limit, software issue and that is it.  Only hear from them every 3 days when I ask for follow up feedback on progress, same answer and nothing else.  Problem has been around since April 13.  Mazda were not aware of issue or so they say when I rang them.  Latest email from TomTom say they are working with Mazda to resolve issue.  I have had no feedback from Mazda since my original call.  Any one else had this problem.
  • Wingnuts100Wingnuts100 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Check out the following - same Sat Nav model.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Built-in-car-navigation/Mazda-5-NVA-SD8110-in-UK/td-p/539194

As you can see this is an ongoing issue that Mazda and TomTom have been aware of for some considerable time.

Still no timescale as to a resolution though.
  • Carl_MoensCarl_Moens Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem. I have my mazda 3 for 10 months and suddenly my gps is going wild. Sometimes he's finds the signal and road for a couple of days and then suddenly he start to go in different direction. Like im driving trough water, houses , trainroads etc. it's like he doesn't pick up the signals. When im rebooting the sd card it shows: Bad gps signal. your in a building. After a couple of days he's working again. Than no more. i'm very dissapointed in my Tom Tom and Mazda, because I'm drivin with  mazda about 25 years. Maybe I return to the garage and ask for a reboot by disconnecting the battery.

Have anybody a good solution?

grts

Carl
  • markyb0827markyb0827 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi new to the forum, having a nightmare with the built in nav/radio/Bluetooth phone. Car purchased march 2013 and still in dispute over phone system notworking , replaced microphone twice and now waiting for a new unit ! Sat Nav has just started this drifting off which others have mentioned at the most inappropriate times, not sure what that's all about! I am now in the process of rejecting the car with Mazda as not fit for purpose. What I really would like to know though is every time I drive the car the sat nav unit always starts in nav mode and I have to select the radio function, I know you can then press the status bar to view the radio, however after switching on the car again it reverts back to nav. Its driving me insane, is there a way the radio just stays selected until I actually need the nav, there maybe a very simple solution,but I can't find it, please help, thanks Mark
  • Carl_MoensCarl_Moens Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
     I searched  in the menu but I can't find any option to switch between radio startup and gps.

I think it's normal
  • markyb0827markyb0827 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for that, I will have to speak with the dealer as everytime the car comes back from them after yet again another attempt to fix the hands-free it is in radio mode and remains in radio mode until I use the Sat-Nav, releations are not that good though between me and the dealer currently! I also read the manual in great detail last night to hopefully get the result the dealer does, cheers Mark
  • SamvSamv Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Can anyone suggest
    1. How to completely get rid of bad files? I did a reset, format, new sd etc deleting all ephem, stat data, loopdir etc and reinstalling just maps, voices and POI, but after a month of working fine the GPS has gone bonkers again. IS it really such a rubbish junk this NVA SD8110? Tomtom keeps on suggesting getting Quick GPS fix update. Which is pointless as my portable one never had such thing and never let me down. This one is just pure junk. Mazda suggested to get new GPS antennae ( at my cost as its 2nd hand car and out of warranty), but will it really do anything or I shall be spending the £148 for nothing.
    2. Is there anyway to reboot the Unit ? To clean it up of all junk files which might be there in the unit itself, or is it that nothing is there in the unit? Then of course no point of fixing it anyway.
    Same problems: Loosing correct position intermittently, cannot relocate even after soft reset.
    JUNK