Welcome to the Speed Camera board

DitteDitte Posts: 7,280 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 30 in Archived Discussions
Hi all,

Welcome to this new section here on TomTom Discussions.

This is the place to talk about any topic relating to the TomTom Speed Camera service, and to ask questions directly to TomTom or the speed camera community.
Suggestions for the improvement of the TomTom Speed Camera service in general will be more than welcome.

All the best and happy posting :)
-Ditte

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,352 Superusers
    Hi

The Tomtom Speed Cam system appears to be a "Smart" system that seems to revolve around not annoying the driver with false positives, there must be some complex rules to how this works ??? but it appears to rely on us users reporting active Cameras

On my NAV3 Units I run a 3rd party Speed Cam Database that reports all Camera locations active or not, I much prefer the annoyance of false positive warning than a £100 fine and three points

So Tomtom why not give a choice and offer the two systems, the "Smart system" and the "Dumb report them all system"
    Tomtom would have a finger in both pies and as long as the price is competitive there'd be no need not worry about 3D party POI based speed camera systems reducing the subscriptions to the Tomtom "Smart system"

ATB YFM
  • Stantheman163Stantheman163 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The start 25 has only sound alerts for approaching speed cameras, whereas the old Edition one had a chioce of some spoken words, for instance "Traffic CAmera". Can this feature be added to the start 25 inMyDrive connect software?
  • tuckeratlargetuckeratlarge Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    I keep getting the speed camera updates in MyDrive Connect, I thought they were supposed to be 'over the air'?

(I have a Go6000)
  • Bern2Bern2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is it true that when driving in France, you must have a certificate to certify that your sat/nav does not have speed camera warnings on it? If so, how do I obtain such a certificate?
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Bern2 wrote:
    Is it true that when driving in France, you must have a certificate to certify that your sat/nav does not have speed camera warnings on it? If so, how do I obtain such a certificate?

Hi,

Here is a link to some information on how speed cameras are handled on a TomTom device in France. There is a more extensive guide in a link on the same page as well.

You can download the declaration of conformity for Danger Zones here.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Bern2Bern2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Chris. I'd subsequently found it through Google having come across the fact that Michelin Routes also refer to Danger Zones. I'd also discovered that in my Sat-Nav, via Settings, there is conformation that it complies with certificate NF469.
  • jbbjbb Posts: 91 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Is there a problem with the speed camera updates again. I have the latest version of the start 60 and the last camera update I had was last Tuesday. Nothing on Thursday and nothing today.
  • jbbjbb Posts: 91 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Ref my previous post the camera update appeared about 1 hour ago.
  • mcbossmcboss Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    i have a mazda nb1 with live service and after updating it with tomtom home no warning on fixed speedcams. mobile speedcam warning still working. is this a known bug? when i browse the files i see the speedcam files from the different country's on my device.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online20

rider11000
rider11000
Wil Wil
Wil Wil
+18 Guests