Time , Speed and distance

Hi All,

My TomTom Go 1005 live has very poor maths !!!  I drive a truck and my Tom Tom cannot get its sums right.

eg.  I have two hundred miles to go and my mental arithmetic tells me this will take 4 hours. I work on an average speed of 50 miles an hour (Truck average speed). Tom Tom tells me I will arrive in 3 hours and 5 mins. Does it think I am in a car?

Satellite navigation knows 1) My speed  2) My distance so WHY can't it give me the correct arrival time?

If anyone can help I would be grateful as I find this problem very annoying.

Cheers

Comments

• linnilinni Posts: 46 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    You have an ordinary consumers GPS unit, which calculates the arrival time based on distance and maximum speed limits for family cars. You should have a special truckers version, like Tomtom Go 7100 Truck PRO or similar.
  • ccc737800ccc737800 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I change my TomTom Go 1005 live software to the truck software?
    I don`t think so.
  • ccc737800ccc737800 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ho Hum........ An expensive mistake.

Why does the system not constantly  update its arrival time based upon the current speed of the vehicle?

This is how a real time system operates.
    If you bought your unit in Internet, you have legal right to return it and get a full refund in two weeks after purchase.

If you didn`t, you`ll just have to try to trade it in.
  • Jimmy06Jimmy06 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ccc737800 wrote:
    Ho Hum........ An expensive mistake.

Why does the system not constantly  update its arrival time based upon the current speed of the vehicle?

This is how a real time system operates.

I think you'll find it does but it still assumes that at some point you should be able to reach the speed the road is marked at. In your case you can't