Contact Tomtom

I know that sounds a bit ridiculuos but could anybody tell me how to contact TOMTOM by email ? I am not able to find  link to the contact adress and on the support page a am caughth in an endless loop without any hint.

Thanks for help - I can't believe that TOMTOM cannot be contacted by email (?)

Gert
Tagged:

Comments

• Lupus1Lupus1 Posts: 4,457 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi Gert,

to contact TT's customer service please go to their support page. I've done the following guide using the UK page but you can change any time to your own countries support page if you'd like to.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com

On that page click on "Contact us" and afterwards select your device. After having selected your device you should be shown the possibilities to contact them by either e-mail or phone them or to chat with them in some cases.

1425i8DFB21265E3760B8.jpg

927i27AC24EB74676998.jpg

929iC6C2F9E8F3130978.jpg

931i1C711FD4FFFF59AF.jpg

933i8381D573B0AE3FC5.jpg

Regards

Lars.
    ____________________________________________________TT XLS LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)map/Europe_North 875.3613 TT Start 60 map/Europe 910.4964 TT GO 6000map/Europe 926.5515TT Runner Cardio watchTT Home 2.9.7.3256MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317MySports Connect 1.3.9Win8 64bit
    I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
  • GertGert Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks !

I was on the same procedure as described - but did not catch the link to the email/phone section (it is not underlined as all other links on that page...)

regards

Gert
  • sallor225sallor225 Posts: 2,297 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    They seem to have changed their support so it better targets different device users. It is a bit more work but should yield better support.

Nice work Lars!
  • kuertenkuerten Posts: 42 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Nice and complete information.  That would answer all followup queries.
  • HuguetteHuguette Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Gert,

When you say, identify your devicce, do you mean the phone (iPhone 3) or TomTom licence?
  • DiceDice Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same trouble. They obviously don't want to be contacted.
  • sallor225sallor225 Posts: 2,297 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Use your serial number.
  • bushpigbushpig Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    For some reason TT aren't answering their phones, and you cant email them either, this GPS signal cockup is taking presidence......!!
    Hi,

why can't you e-mail them? That should be possible at least. Only it'll take up to 5 days until you'll get an answer. To email them just click on the part "e-mail us" and then on "send a new email". Then a new window should be opening to enter the problem description and the possibility to attach files. After clicking on send there it should be sent.

Also I've heard from users that they tried it just multiple times to phone them until it worked but sometime they got through.

Regards
    Lars.
    ____________________________________________________TT XLS LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)map/Europe_North 875.3613 TT Start 60 map/Europe 910.4964 TT GO 6000map/Europe 926.5515TT Runner Cardio watchTT Home 2.9.7.3256MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317MySports Connect 1.3.9Win8 64bit
  • warrick61warrick61 Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Ya

Yes of course I tried all those ways....I have tried every number shown and even tried Holland!!! this company really does not help with customer  service and then have the cheek to say how great thier support is!!!
    Hi warrick61,

did you reach them via phone? If you didn't how long did you stay in the line at a time?

Regards
    Lars.
    I still have not got hold of them!!!!!!
    Hej Lars

sorry, I stayed on the line for 18mins first time 12mins second and then tried all other numbers....got put in a line but did not wait more than a couple of minutes
    Hi warrick61,

the problem is that they sometimes only get to taking the call after 25-30 minutes. If that happens that clearly isn't very good but it happens. On my past occasions though I usually got through after latest 15-20 minutes. I'll forward your experience to a contact I've got but I cannot promise you anything.

You may also open a new topic in the relevant forum area if your problem is one that might be solvable without contact to support. If you need to contact support though the only alternative option to calling them is writing them an e-mail but answers will take some time as phone support is first priority.

Regards
    Lars.
    Lars

I have sent an e-mail, got an automated response. The one time I got through I was promised a call back as they said a system had crashed. All I need is to arrange a repair on my tomtom 910 as it has stopped holding a charge, I know it will cost 105 euros I just need to arrange a repair, there is no address there is no forum there is nothing to say how you get it repaired unless you call the number and wait for ages....that is not a customer service to me.

Mvh

Will
    Hi,

concerning the battery replacement I've sent you a PM. Concerning calling support I recommend to everyone to stay on the phone until someone takes that call or to try it at a completely different time. But if you call, put down the phone and directly call again you only will be put to the end of the queue again.

If a call gets taken the representative should always ask for an e-mail to be sent to him with a recap of that conversation for the call to be properly locked. If you aren't being asked for a summary of your problem to be sent via e-mail please ask the CS rep where to send him/her that information or that at least you get some further confirmation of the call being logged properly.

Regards
    Lars.
  • DGS1DGS1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have bought a new TomTom Via 220 (Model 4EN42 Z1230). I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to register it:

a) went to www.tomtom.com/getstarted and tried to ask questions and was told that the question was wrong or some such thing.

b) the above logon brought up about 5 other sites trying to cash in on TomTom

c) tried to email and when I nominated I was from Australia as soon as I started the email it changed the country to Argentia

d) the code below the barcode is so small that I cannot read it

e) I am totally frustrated and disillusioned. My old Tom Tom XL is still usuable but the new one from what I have seen when connected to my computer is a distinct improvement. HOWEVER, if I cannot get answers and talk to someone I am ready to return the product and change companies.

DGS!
    Hi DGS,

if you read through the guide about how to contact support on the first page and follow that guide you'll get the appropriate telephone number as well.

If you reach the page being shown on the image below please select your country if it is not selected. You'll be able to select the appropriate country by selecting it from the menu being located above the phone number (in this case UK).

933i8381D573B0AE3FC5.jpg

If you call them please don't put the phone down until someone has taken the call as you'll only be moved back to the end of the queue otherwise.

As to your special problems if you'd like them to be solved in this forum I recommend you open another topic in this forum area to keep this topic only on the way of contacting support.

Regards

Lars.

• lovelifelovelife Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi im have thing wrong whit my tomtom i put it to my computer and not it is not bring up my map it want let me do any thing to it how can i get my map back on my tomtom
  • m_s_oneilm_s_oneil Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having a similar issue and finding the same answers... I'm in the US. The UK number provided does not work from here. With no other way to discuss overcharges with them professionally I will dispute this with my credit card company. I should never have to resolve my billing issues with ANY company thru a forum.

I need to replace a TomTom that was stolen but will not do any further business with a company that hides their contact information from their customers for resolving billing issues.

Tom O'Neil
  • jtonline-1005jtonline-1005 Posts: 141 [Supreme Navigator]
    m_s_oneil wrote:
    I am having a similar issue and finding the same answers... I'm in the US. The UK number provided does not work from here....
    Why are you trying to use the U.K. customer support number?

Go here [url=http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/contact"; title="http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/contact]http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/contact[/url] and select Car Navigation.  Enter your serial number or click the 'Unable to enter serial number' link.  Then click 'Phone us' from the listed support options,

If your device is a current model, you'll see that the US support phone number is:

866 486 6866

Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

You might have to wait in a queue for a while, but it's the way to speak to a TomTom employee about your issue.

My current device: GO LIVE 1005 Europe v2
    TomTom Active Dock for fixed installation
    atFoliX FX Anti-reflection screen protection foil

(Ex user of other TomTom devices)

Please help other TomTom Community members identify useful content by clicking the Kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the Accepted Solution.

Blog ¦ Twitter
  • HendrikJDHendrikJD Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    For those who want to e-mail:

I had the same problem as the TS-er does.

There is a fault in the navigation for some models if you want to contact.

If you don't see any information below the chosen model, just choose another model ( you don't have) On some models (Start 60) there is no correct navigation on the site. (And that for a provider for navigationsoftware???????)

When you choose for instance START instead of START 60 you will be able to send an e-mail or contact by phone.

Don't forget to update your model in the upper side of the mail-window.

Good luck

Henk
  • sligoeastiesligoeastie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too am having a nightmare just trying to contact support in TomTom!!!!  Very frustrated here as cannot get past the suggested answers to contact support and none of the suggested answers answer my issue.  
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,154 Superusers
    [url=http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/home/locale/en_IE"; rel="nofollow" target="_blank]IEIreland[/url]

1890 812 008
    Monday-Friday: 09:00am to 5:00pm 
  • nustar1nustar1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like the time for US support has changed it's now 8-8 EST. M-F

9-6 EST Saturdays.