Rider 550 Battery Charging

egan651
egan651 Herts UKRegistered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
HI all, I have just got a Rider 550 and I was wondering if when charging the unit does it have to be switched on, off or in sleep mode to charge the battery. Any one know for definite.
Thanks.

Best Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,909
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Do you mean charging on the Bike or on the desk.
    If you do not use it for a long time, you should occasionally charge it with a smartphone charger. 1x a month.
    The charging electronics of the device detects when the battery is full and then switches off the charging mode. No matter if on, off or sleep mode.

If you have it at home in the drawer, it should be completely shut down in any case to avoid a deep discharge in sleep mode.
  • egan651
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks mate for the perfect answer. I meant charging at my desk, it's just I didn't see any notification that it was charging so just wondered, in my old one I could just read on the screen in dim writing unit charging. Thanks tho.

Paul

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,909
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Do you mean charging on the Bike or on the desk.
    If you do not use it for a long time, you should occasionally charge it with a smartphone charger. 1x a month.
    The charging electronics of the device detects when the battery is full and then switches off the charging mode. No matter if on, off or sleep mode.

If you have it at home in the drawer, it should be completely shut down in any case to avoid a deep discharge in sleep mode.
  • egan651
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks mate for the perfect answer. I meant charging at my desk, it's just I didn't see any notification that it was charging so just wondered, in my old one I could just read on the screen in dim writing unit charging. Thanks tho.

Paul