Start 20 "No map found"

Beakker
Beakker Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
Hi
I tried to update my device using MyDrive Connect on a PC. Never had any problems before but this time, the update failed. All I get now is the message "No maps found". I have deleted the map in MyDrive, cleared the cache, done a soft reset of the device, all to no avail. Tried this several times, but same result each time. The map downloads to the PC but the installation fails almost immediately. Is there a solution or is my Start 20 now end-of-life and basically a fancy paperweight??

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,096
    Elite Voyager
  • Beakker
    New Seeker
    Yep. Done all that.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Beakker
    Welcome to the site....
    0avj0cor8wvq.jpg
    NAV3 Devices with 4GB On-board Memory... Catch22
    Tomtom devices need at least one Map installed before they will Boot-up...
    The Maps on the NAV3 devices easily fitted onto the 4GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    Now the 4GB limit on-board memory size on the NAV3 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The NAV3 Full Europe Map is now over 4 GB….

If your Start 20 has 4GB built-in Memory....
    Adapt the method used in the link below...
    To whether you install a Micro SDHC Memory Card....
    OR
    Install one of the Smaller Map Cuts that includes the UK....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1799005/#Comment_1799005

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Do you have enough memory to install the map?

Come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and issue you a card if needed.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @Beakker
    Welcome to the community! My team had a look at the download logs in the backend, this seems to be a case of pending downloads.

Follow the troubleshooting steps under Case 3.1:, article link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Beakker
    New Seeker
    The SN of my device starts with AY so going by your screenshot YamFazMan, I'm assuming mine has 8GB internal memory. I don't get a "Not enough storage space" message either. The map being downloaded is Western Europe, and after the installation fails, it gets flagged in the "My Maps" tab of MyDrive as "Corrupted". If I click "Repair" it launches the "Updating Device" screen and then fails at about 50%.
  • Beakker
    New Seeker
    Thanks for the advice VikramK. I'm on a cabled LAN connected to a fast cable internet service. PC has Norton installed and firewall is configured to allow MyDrive unrestricted traffic. The update file downloads in about 7 mins, and then launches into the device update before failing.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Don't try to repair the map, just delete it and then redownload it.