Can't connect to my Sports watch with a new charging/data loading cable

Vulpecula74
Vulpecula74 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited September 23 in TomTom Sports
Hi. I have a TomTom Watch HN1056G-00472, vers. 1.7.64. I do think its a TomTom Spark Music Cardio? It's cable for charging/data loading started work unreliably - so I bought a new cable for that. But it doesn't work right: when connecting a watch to my computer: MySportsconnect comes on the screen appr. 1...2 seconds, then goes away and returns again appr. after 5 secs. And this 'pumping effect' goes on and on. So - I think Ihave bought a wrong type cable? I think my watch is Spark Music Cardio, and that cable I bought should be suitable for my watch. So - what's wrong that my system doesn't work right?

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,992
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    It is either a bad cable or the watch is dying. Was it a real cable or a knockoff? It was likely a knockoff as TT Sprots went out of business 5 years ago and stopped producing them. Check if there is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Otherwise, it may be time for a new watch, they are now obsolete and at end of life with no support so there is little else you can do about it.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,992
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    It is either a bad cable or the watch is dying. Was it a real cable or a knockoff? It was likely a knockoff as TT Sprots went out of business 5 years ago and stopped producing them. Check if there is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Otherwise, it may be time for a new watch, they are now obsolete and at end of life with no support so there is little else you can do about it.
  • Vulpecula74
    Vulpecula74 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    To tfarabaugh.

Many thanks for your answer which cleared a case to me. Anyway - the very first I tried to find an original TomTom-spare part, but I couldn't. Now I know why!
    I'll try to do what you advised and inform you if I succeeded in reparation or not.