Having trouble updating map (Australia)

KCheah
KCheah Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
I have an available update of Australia map v9.05 but every time I try to update, after downloading, it will say something has gone wrong and to try again. All the other updates have been performed successfully. I have done a soft reset and try again multiple times with the same results. Please advise, thanks.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    edited September 23
    Hi
    @KCheah
    Welcome to the site....
    Is the Via 1453 in your Profile a typo ???
    Maybe your device a....
    kiyc1n6ijnll.jpg
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the device 'Serial number' ??? The first two letters define the Tomtom Model...
    (Only post the 1st 2 Characters)

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • KCheah
    New Seeker
    Yes sorry typo. I'll go and correct it now. 1st 2 char of serial number is AW.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,095
    Elite Voyager
    KCheah wrote: »
    I have an available update of Australia map v9.05 but every time I try to update, after downloading, it will say something has gone wrong and to try again. All the other updates have been performed successfully. I have done a soft reset and try again multiple times with the same results. Please advise, thanks.

Version 9.05 is a 2013 version we are currently on version 10.95

normally your Via with 4gb memory don't have lifetime card you need to buy them.
  • KCheah
    New Seeker
    What does lifetime card mean and how to buy?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited September 23
    Hi
    @KCheah
    I know the Australian Map is smaller than the Europe Map.....
    Try using the 'MY CONTENT' Menu to update your device... Adapt the post in the following link....
    The OZ Map should easily fit the Via 1435 you may be offered different menus compared to the post in the link ???
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1799005/#Comment_1799005

As Willy875 Says the latest MAP is version 10.95....
    NOT all devices have Lifetime Map updates, have you still got the box? the info is usually printed on the box...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,095
    Elite Voyager
    There is no lifetime map, you must purchase a new GPS for lifetime maps to be included in the purchase.
  • KCheah
    New Seeker
    @YamFazMan I don't have the downward pointing arrow on the active map under My Maps. Only have Update button to click. Tried that too with same results, not surprised.

@Willy875 I take it that it means that this device has reached end of life and I can't update it anymore.

Thanks for all your help and advice.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited 7:19AM
    Hi
    @KCheah
    (1)... With MyDrive Connect running click on the >> MY CONTENT << Tab...
    (2)... In MY MAPS... Click on the required Flag Icon
    (3).. On the 'Required Map Icon' Click on the 'Downward pointing arrowhead'....
    Note... When you hover the mouse pointer over the 'Required Map Icon' the downward pointing arrow becomes active and displays on the screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KCheah
    New Seeker
    Thanks @YamFazMan Under the arrow there was only one option which is the same. I also noted further down, under My Services, there is an item Australia - Single Map Download which is expired. When I view it, it says that Map Update Service subscription: Expired.

I think that's probably why I can't update even though it says update available. It would be better if the error message tells me that (instead of just something went wrong) but I'm quite sure that's the case now. I was given this GPS by a friend so was not aware that there's a subscription service that has expired. Thanks so much for your help.