Why has Ireland disappeared from my device following update?

lost87
lost87 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Just updated my admittedly fairly old Start 50 prior to trip to Ireland day after tomorrow, having read that Eircodes are now recognised. But following update, not only does it not recognise Eircodes, but also doesn't recognise addresses or names of towns or even Dublin...it's like Ireland has disappeared from my map. Getting plenty of suggestions for places in Italy, Spain etc when I start typing, but zilch for ROI.

Best Answers

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @lost87
    Welcome to the community!
    You have the Europe southern zone map installed on your START 50 TomTom. This zone doesn't have the coverage for Ireland.

Check for updates again, try adding the UK and ROI map or a zone that will cover Ireland.

Regards,
    Vikram.

• lost87
    New Seeker
    Thanks, that's helpful - Ireland is highlighted on the S Europe map so I assumed it was included. So I swapped it for the W Europe map but still no Ireland. Have now deleted both and have UK & ROI map which does recognise street names (hallelujah!) but not eircodes which would be most helpful tho5a70mt42idnq.jpg
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @lost87
    Searching for location using Eircodes unfortunately is not supported on the START model. See more information in the user guide here- http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/START2014/html/en-gb/index.htm#Planningarouteusingquicksearch.htm

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • lost87
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Ok thanks for your help, that's a shame but useful to know