GO500 asking for speed camera subsciption but it should have life time free updates

Rich196
Rich196 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Tried updating my Go500 tonight before a EU road trip.

x6ed8y7dkaaz.png

I beleive this device should have free map and speed camera updates for life. The mydrive connect says "Life Time Speed Camera Updates Europe", however when device rebooted it said speed camera alerts are disabled.

Whats the deal here? They want £2.49 a month for the update I beleive I should have.

How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Hi @Rich196
    Could you disconnect the device, perform a soft reset and check for updates again?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Rich196
    New Seeker
    Thanks for that. I have tried this and there are no further updates found when connecting the device back to the computer.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    @Rich196

GO 500 has maps, is traffic for life, not for speed cameras, you have to buy a subscription.
  • Rich196
    New Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »
    @Rich196

GO 500 has maps, is traffic for life, not for speed cameras, you have to buy a subscription.

So why has it been free up until this year? Last time I updated it. It wasn't an issue.

Also please explain the screen shot that says free updates for life from myconnect. I don't understand.
  • VikramK
    Hi @Rich196
    I asked my team to check the download logs, and it seems the latest database of cameras is already installed(date-20th September 2022).
    Updates for speed cameras are released twice every week-Tuesday and Thursday.

Check for updates again on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Rich196
    New Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Rich196
    I asked my team to check the download logs, and it seems the latest database of cameras is already installed(date-20th September 2022).
    Updates for speed cameras are released twice every week-Tuesday and Thursday.

Check for updates again on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

my problem is, it is telling me that my speed camera alerts are currently disabled. I leave to go tomorrow, I don't understand how waiting until thursday will fix it?
  • VikramK
    edited September 21
    @Rich196
    Have you by any chance disabled the alerts on the device itself?
    You will find this in the settings for sounds and warnings.

stozkpai5h4j.png

Or I would advise doing a factory reset.

Main Menu-Settings -System- Reset

• Rich196
    New Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    @Rich196
    Have you by any chance disabled the alerts on the device itself?
    You will find this in the settings for sounds and warnings.

stozkpai5h4j.png

Or I would advise doing a factory reset.

Main Menu-Settings -System- Reset

No they are still enabled on the device. When I follow the instructions you have given me.