Tom Tom Rider (2013)

gormanjo
gormanjo Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Hi I have a Tom Tom Rider (2013) serial number starts K4. It has lifetime maps. Yet when I go in to update the maps, I am getting a message 'this device is no longer supported'. How can lifetime maps be honoured if I can't even get beyond this message? Sounds like a complete contradiction to me.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • gormanjo
    New Seeker
    Thank you
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @gormanjo
    The Western Europe map updates are still active on the account (serial number ending -102).

Please keep in mind that lifetime refers to the period of time that the device will be supported by TomTom; nonetheless, we have continued to release map updates for devices whose support has been discontinued.

Could you share a screenshot/picture of the error that doesn't allow you to proceed further.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • gormanjo
    New Seeker
    Yes, attached a series of screen shots. Interestingly, the Western Europe map update was available today. If I click on this I then get a message to say that the download is too big for memory and I can't move from here. As it happens I only need UK maps now so if you can advise how I can download these (and take off the bigger Western Europe series) then that will work quite satisfactorily. Thank you

uebv6vs2i78d.png
    plyzeedc3bqx.png

• gormanjo
    New Seeker
    FYI, this is what i got previously when I tried to update maps. Sorry if TMI but may be helpful. I don't want to delete stuff I can't get back. Thanks

hh6azd39zhhf.png
    jethr5g5roqb.png
    vk9hfdk0ejyl.png

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Thanks @gormanjo.
    I have asked my team to activate a separate version of the UK and ROI map for your RIDER.
    Could you check if you are able to install this map cut?

- Vikram.
  • gormanjo
    New Seeker
    Thanks Vikram, below is what I am getting today when I log into my account and connect to my Tom Tom Rider i.e. just the device no longer supported messages. Appreciate your ongoing assistance. Regards. Joan

yi9xmyixmbou.png
    thv96wkbxepk.png