How to check lifetime updates status

zimmerbot
zimmerbot Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Hi! I'm helping a friend to update their Tomtom Start 20, which they haven't updated since the device was purchased. Even though the device has a 2012 Western Europe map installed on it, their account and My Connect app don't show any maps, and they don't know whether their device was eligible for lifetime updates. From discussions in this forum I realized that this info should be printed on the box, but the box is long gone...

I wonder if this information can be looked up by using the device Serial ID, and if so how to do that. I tried to contact customer support but it's either the bot or this forum... can someone here help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Can you give the first 2 letters of the serial number?

If your Start 20 has an internal memory of 8 GB, your Start has lifetime updates.
  • zimmerbot
    New Seeker
    Thanks! The serial starts with 'AP'; I'll check the internal memory later today.
    If the device has lifetime updates, how could I activate them? As said, the MyDrive Connect app doesn't show any maps at the moment.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    AP > Start 20, 4 GB your Start has no cards for life

On the other hand, your Start being always followed by Tomtom, you can buy a more recent card.
  • zimmerbot
    New Seeker
    Ah, I see. I double checked with this article and indeed my friend's device has only 4GB of internal memory, which IIUC means no free lifetime updates.

Thanks for the help and support!