I have two different TomToms, How to transfer Favourites.

Sordyste
Sordyste Registered Users Posts: 13
Master Explorer
edited September 18 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a Go Live (2013) and have just bought a Go Discover (2022). I have been using MyDrive Connect to update the older model, the new one does it by wifi. I would very much appreciate some help:

How do I transfer Favourites from the old model to the new model? My new model tells me that I can save all my Favourites and see them on all my devices, but not how to do it other than go to mydrive.tomtom.com. I've done that and can see My Places and Favourites within it. What do I do next?

Best Answers

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,391
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Maybe this helps:

• Sordyste
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    I am still unable to proceed any further than when I last messaged @dhn.
    What you are telling me @Lochfrass is that even if I did transfer all the POIs they would be useless to me.

That is bad news for me, but thanks for telling me! :)

Answers

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,391
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Maybe this helps:

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,908
     Superuser
    The fastes way is to enter each adress in your new satnav.
    The Discover does not support the generatet ov2 files.
  • Sordyste
    Master Explorer
    Thanks very much for taking the time to reply @dhn It is appreciated.

The video makes it clear it is targeted exactly at what I want to do: old TomTom device that updated via myDrive to a new device that updates via wifi.

I have converted some of my Favourites to POIs, but got stuck on the "Manage Community Content". I can't find that option on MyDrive. I will update MyDrive and if that doesn't work, I will remove it and start again. If that doesn't do the job, I'll be back!

With previous TomToms I could treat the device like a local drive and back up Favourites to my laptop and then transfer onto a new device when required. It was very easy. This method seems laborious in comparison.

Many thanks @dhn
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    The fastes way is to enter each adress in your new satnav.
    The Discover does not support the generatet ov2 files.
    The Go Discover works with the Webside "MyDrive" https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    uevyxndwco3x.png

But as i sayd. You can import the generated ov2 file list, but the discover can not work wit it :'(
  • Sordyste
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    I am still unable to proceed any further than when I last messaged @dhn.
    What you are telling me @Lochfrass is that even if I did transfer all the POIs they would be useless to me.

That is bad news for me, but thanks for telling me! :)
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Right. That procedre works only for older devices like Go 5200, Go Premium or Go camper.