Why is my GO Premium giving slower and different routes to my TomTom Go app on phone which is better

shipshape
shipshape Registered Users Posts: 3
Novice Seeker
edited September 18 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a GO Premium linked by bluetooth to my phone running TomTom GO. Go App (and also when compared to Waze or Google) always faster route choices and allows for traffic. Go Premium seems to be giving worse routes and not allow for traffic when first turned on and for some time afterwards. I prefer to use my GoPremium for navigation, but it takes ages for any traffic modifications to come through. Why does my Go Premium not pick up the information from my phone Bluetooth and the Go App? Go App and Go Premium both set to fastest routes and use traffic?

Best Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 448
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited September 18 Answer ✓
    @shipshape
    How is the battery behaving on your go premium
    try to keep it connected to a power supply when driving
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    Hi
    @shipshape
    Welcome to the site...
    shipshape wrote: »
    I have a GO Premium linked by Bluetooth to my phone running TomTom GO. Go App (Snip)
    With your GO Premium set-up as you would normally use the device....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection... Is the Data Connection showing --> the 'Built-in SIM' showing as connected or a 'Bluetooth Connection 'showing as connected ???
    The Bluetooth connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....

There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190
    See bullet point (3)... An active Bluetooth/phone connection....

PS... If you are at Home your Home Wi-Fi will show as the Data Connection...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • shipshape
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Dear Fergussian, Noted thank you. 90 percent of the time (and certainly on long journeys) the Premium is plugged into the vehicle power. Previously, I have learnt the hard way that the battery will always fail just as I'm about to enter the most complex set of junctions and key point on the route and where there is no place to pull over - how does it know that :-). A totally power-less device takes a good 3-5 minutes to power back on again and be usable even after it's plugged back in.
  • shipshape
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Dear YFM, Thank you, I had never scrolled down far enough on the "About" page on the Premium to see the clues there. I'm at home so at the moment I'm wifi connected, but I'll verify the Bluetooth when I'm next away from base.
    I'm a little confused in the section of your kind & full reply referring to the app on my phone. I deleted the "My Drive" app as I believed that "TomTom Go" for smartphones had now replaced it.
    Shipshape.

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 448
    Supreme Pioneer
    @shipshape
    How is the battery behaving on your go premium
    try to keep it connected to a power supply when driving
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    Hi
    @shipshape
    Welcome to the site...
    shipshape wrote: »
    I have a GO Premium linked by Bluetooth to my phone running TomTom GO. Go App (Snip)
    With your GO Premium set-up as you would normally use the device....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection... Is the Data Connection showing --> the 'Built-in SIM' showing as connected or a 'Bluetooth Connection 'showing as connected ???
    The Bluetooth connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....

There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190
    See bullet point (3)... An active Bluetooth/phone connection....

PS... If you are at Home your Home Wi-Fi will show as the Data Connection...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • shipshape
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Dear Fergussian, Noted thank you. 90 percent of the time (and certainly on long journeys) the Premium is plugged into the vehicle power. Previously, I have learnt the hard way that the battery will always fail just as I'm about to enter the most complex set of junctions and key point on the route and where there is no place to pull over - how does it know that :-). A totally power-less device takes a good 3-5 minutes to power back on again and be usable even after it's plugged back in.
  • shipshape
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Dear YFM, Thank you, I had never scrolled down far enough on the "About" page on the Premium to see the clues there. I'm at home so at the moment I'm wifi connected, but I'll verify the Bluetooth when I'm next away from base.
    I'm a little confused in the section of your kind & full reply referring to the app on my phone. I deleted the "My Drive" app as I believed that "TomTom Go" for smartphones had now replaced it.
    Shipshape.