GO 60 update problem

MariuszPie
MariuszPie Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
When I try to update the GO 60, the PC does not see the device. Nothing appears in the device manager. No response to connection. Checked on three computers. Nothing comes up.
Is it possible to update the maps on the SD card via the card reader? Is there any way for the computer to see the device?

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    There is no other solution than to connect the GPS to Mydrive connect to do the updates.

Answers

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Navigation device not connecting to computer https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900240-Le-GPS-ne-se-connecte-pas-à-l-ordinateur-MyDrive-Connect-

Is it possible to update the maps on the SD card via the card reader?
    No, not possible.
    Is there a way for the computer to see the device?
    No, your computer cannot see the files installed on the GPS.
  • MariuszPie
    Apprentice Seeker
    Is there any other update solution or device to be kicked out?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    There is no other solution than to connect the GPS to Mydrive connect to do the updates.
  • neha.pali
    neha.pali TomTom Staff Posts: 25
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited September 15
    Hi @MariuszPie ,

Welcome to the community!

Perform a soft reset on the device and reinstall the Mydrive connect :
    Soft reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until your device restarts. This can take more than fifteen seconds.
    Mydrive connect: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/dn6af5g3j70p.png

Regards,
    Neha
  • MariuszPie
    Apprentice Seeker
    does not help
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited September 16
    Hi
    @MariuszPie
    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect....
    Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Note...
    NEVER... Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    The above 3 actions can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Here's a similar solution recently suggested by Tomtom support ....
    Click on the 'Spoiler' Icon {Mid screen) to view the reply...
    Step by step MyDrive Connect fix from Tomtom support....
    Okay.
    I will share certain steps with you for troubleshooting and request you to perform it as it is.
    1) Close MyDrive Connect completely.
    2) Make sure there are no TomTom related processes running in task manager.
    -The Task Manager can be found by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting Task Manager
    3) Uninstall MyDrive Connect via the Control Panel
    4) Delete the TomTom folder from the Program files.
    -Go to Start and then My Computer/Computer/This PC
    -Delete the MyDrive Connect folder from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
    5) Check each username profile (marked as <username> here) and make sure the TomTom folders are deleted from the following locations:
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files
    6) Press the Windows Key + R to open the run window.
    - Type in %temp% then press OK . Delete as many files from this location as possible. Some files can not be deleted. This is normal.
    7) Restart the computer.
    8) Create a new Administrator account in Windows.
    -Create a simple username, for instance TomTom, with no spaces or special characters (like â, é, ë etc.).
    9) Log out of the current account and log in with the new administrator account.
    10) Reinstall MyDrive Connect.
    - Go to https://help.tomtom.com/hc/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect
    - Download MyDrive Connect.
    -Go to the download folder, right-click on the file MyDriveConnect.exe and press run as administrator.
    11) Check the status of the program in the firewall
    11) Then connect the device to the computer and follow the update and install it. The update should go through.
    Make sure to install the update one at a time.

If I need to Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the leftover files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134291/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-uninstall-mydrive-connect-using-the-revo-uninstaller
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MariuszPie
    Apprentice Seeker
    Uninstalling MyDrive Connect with Revo and reinstalling it did not help.
    My navigation cannot be seen in the device manager and should be a network card. The computer doesn't detect her at all. After connecting, the list of devices in the device manager does not refresh. Nothing happens.
    I checked on three computers and three USB cables.
    Resetting the device from the menu also doesn't help.
    Could it be a hardware problem? Defective USB controller in navigation?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited September 16
    Hi
    @MariuszPie
    Did you....
    NEVER...
    Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    The above 3 actions can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Is MyDrive Connect allowed access through the Windows Defender Firewall or other installed Firewalls....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MariuszPie
    Apprentice Seeker
    1. I disconnected the navigation from the computer
    2. I turned off the Windows firewall,
    3. I uninstalled MyDrive Connect via Revo,
    4. I installed MyDrive Connect
    5. I downloaded the update MyDrive Connect
    6. I deleted the HOME3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    7. I have connected the navigation

No effect
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @MariuszPie
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step-by-Step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    @MariuszPie

You say you have changed the cable 3 times, it could be that the GPS socket is faulty (or poor contact between the GPS socket and the cable socket)?

Try moving the plug to see if the GPS tries to connect to Mydrive connect.
  • MariuszPie
    Apprentice Seeker
    In the evening, I will open the device and check if there is conductivity on the micro USB connector with the cable