Power supply through an external battery, TomTom GO Supreme

Rando_Show1
Rando_Show1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited September 13 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Can I used an external battery to power my TomTom Go Supreme? The power outlet in the truck doesn't work. It is an 2001 Chevrolet 3500.

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,095
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can use an external battery, the problem is that the GO Supreme is power hungry, I don't think the battery lasts long.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rando_Show1
    I drove from Worcestershire to the British MotoGP Silverstone and back using GO 520 and a 5200 mAh Power Bank
    The Power Bank has 4 LEDs indicating charge state only one LED had turned off (I guess minus 25%)

Silverstone is 70 miles... 1 Hour 24 minutes away

ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited September 15 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rando_Show1
    My 5200 mAh Power Bank was Thursday special (Middle-aisle) from a store in the UK called Aldi....
    The Power Banks are really quite small About the size of a Smartphone but twice as thick...
    Mine has 2 x 5.0 Volt USB Ports one =1.6Amp & one =2.1Amp...
    Plus a 5.0 Volt 1.6Amp Volt Micro USB plug and a 5.0 Volt 2.1 Amp USB plug....
    Simply plug your GO Premium USB lead into the power bank....
    Obviously the Higher the Power Bank mAh rating the longer it will run the GO Premium... But the more they wll cost to buy....

My Son has a Hand held Heavy Duty Power Bank device that is capable of starting his Car if it had a flat battery :o

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,095
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can use an external battery, the problem is that the GO Supreme is power hungry, I don't think the battery lasts long.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rando_Show1
    I drove from Worcestershire to the British MotoGP Silverstone and back using GO 520 and a 5200 mAh Power Bank
    The Power Bank has 4 LEDs indicating charge state only one LED had turned off (I guess minus 25%)

Silverstone is 70 miles... 1 Hour 24 minutes away

ATB YFM
  • Rando_Show1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the helps. YamFazMan, where do I get that powerbank from? I was actually thinking about getting a motorcycle battery and using that, or a riding lawnmower battery. Car batteries are heavy.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited September 15 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rando_Show1
    My 5200 mAh Power Bank was Thursday special (Middle-aisle) from a store in the UK called Aldi....
    The Power Banks are really quite small About the size of a Smartphone but twice as thick...
    Mine has 2 x 5.0 Volt USB Ports one =1.6Amp & one =2.1Amp...
    Plus a 5.0 Volt 1.6Amp Volt Micro USB plug and a 5.0 Volt 2.1 Amp USB plug....
    Simply plug your GO Premium USB lead into the power bank....
    Obviously the Higher the Power Bank mAh rating the longer it will run the GO Premium... But the more they wll cost to buy....

My Son has a Hand held Heavy Duty Power Bank device that is capable of starting his Car if it had a flat battery :o

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Rando_Show1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hey YazFazMan, there's an Aldi's here in South Carolina near my house. Sales come and go on power banks because it's a small store, compared to Food Lion or Walmart.
    But, thank you for the help. I appreciate it.