Renault Carminat SD card

Clare27
Clare27 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I have a Renault Megane 2013, and the Sat Nav has just decided to not locate my current position and drives through fields and water. I want to try and update, however I cannot add my device to the TomTom home page as the computer will not read the SD card (through a SD card reader). Any suggestions or has anyone else had this problem? thanks

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Have you updated Quickgpsfix via Tomtom Home if your card reader does not read your SD tried with another reader.
  • Clare27
    New Seeker
    Hi,I have brought a new reader, but still does not read the card. Not sure if it's because my laptop is oldish. TheTomtom security certificate has also expired.
    Do you need to have the device added to account in order to use GPS fix?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

No, you do not need to add the device to the account to use GPS tracking.

you may also have a problem with your roof aerial?

not normal that your SD is not recognized by the computer?

If the SD card is not recognized by the computer, first check the position of the latch on the side of the SD card, change its position and try to insert it again to see if it is recognized.
  • Clare27
    New Seeker
    Ok I will try it again later, thank you.
    I haven't got a roof aerial as it's a convertible however my car went in for MOT and repairs the day before - maybe they have dislodged it??? There was a cover removed on my console just under my stereo controls. Obviously I have no idea where the GPS aerial is located.
    My computer is about 10 years old 😂