Runner 3 won't sync with TomTom Sports app on iOS

chris245
chris245 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I haven't used my Runner 3 for a few months but when I tried this morning it wouldn't sync with my iPhone 7. It connects via Bluetooth but the Sports app won't sync. The watch thinks it is connected to the app and won't allow me to Pair New as it has to be disconnected from the app. In the Sports app under Manage, it just shows Add a new device, no reference to the connected watch.
How can I get the app to recognise my watch again and sync?
I have been able to sync the watch with my Windows laptop via the cable and Sports app.

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,989
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Revered Voyager
    save your activity first using the website https://mysports.tomtom.com/
    then factory reset watch to pair again
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,989
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • chris245
    chris245 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you both for your replies.
    The solution was to Forget the watch in the Bluetooth menu of iOS and then pair the watch and phone app again.
    All working again now.