How to reconnect easily to wifi hotspot for live traffic

Schummy1
Schummy1 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
Hy Guys,
i've a new TomTom Go Expert that i used for all the holidays. there is only one question for whom i cannot find a easy answer: To get the live traffic working i connect my iphone to the tomtom via Bluetooth and with a personal hotspot.
The Go Expert find my wifi and the first time he can connect easily. From the second time I used it the WiFi is "out of range" and cannot pair even if on the iphone the personal hotspot is on.
What is the correct procedure to connect without pain and time loss?
I've to shutdown completely the tomtom?
I've to cancel the wifi from the Go Expert list (even if I don't know how to do it).
What can I do to use this service without pain :D ?

PS: Before i was using a Go 6200 with integrated sim and it was working perfectly!

Thanks for your answers

Greetings

Luca

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited September 10
    Hi
    @Schummy1
    Note... The new GO Discover & GO Expert can connect to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi networks....
    Are you trying to connect to your Home Wi-Fi ???
    Wi-Fi out of range errors are usually caused by the Wi-Fi Channel in use on your Router, being swamped by nearby Routers using the same channel....
    If your Router is 'say' using 2.4 GHz Channel 11 and other nearby Routers are also using 2.4 GHz Channel 11, then the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Channel 11 can/will get overloaded....

Try unplugging your Router wait 30 seconds then restart your Router....
    Be aware... You may need to manually re-link one or more of your Wi-Fi devices... (All of my devices re-linked OK )

Tomtom have also suggested you take your device outside under a clear sky and let it connect to the satellites.
    Then retry reconnecting your device....

Tomtom FAQ... Connecting a GO Discover/Expert/Exclusive/Camper Max to TomTom services using your smartphone
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018677960

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • Schummy1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'm using my home connection when i'm updating the tomtom. But in my question i'm asking about a wifi generated by the hotspot option of my iphone. The first time i used it, it worked well. The second time the tomtom cannot connect to the hotspot.
    I've to delete the connection from the wifi list on the tomtom? If yes, how?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited September 10
    Hi
    @Schummy1
    On my GO Discover I'm using an iPhone with a Bluetooth connection + With ’Personal Hotspot’ Turned on...
    >> NOT<< a Wi-Fi Hotspot... Note... With a Bluetooth Hotspot you won't be asked for a Password...

Maybe Useful... Download GO Expert User Manual... I find the PDF version a much more user-friendly read....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4402552203154-GO-Expert-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Schummy1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes i wrote wrongly: I mean Personal Hotspot.
    BTW I’m doing a lot of test and it seems better now.